Yay for smoke free!

vrdz3215
vrdz3215 Posts: 493
edited September 19 in Success Stories
So I have been smoke free for four whole days! I know that this is not very long, but for me its the longest that I have been without atleast one cigarette since I was 16 years old! I have "quit" several times (which really meant I was smoking only a few cigs a day). But now I can say that I have not smoked at all since Saturday at 11:30 pm! I know if I can make it this long...I will make it forever!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    According to your ticker it has only been 3 days and 14 hours! :tongue: :laugh:

That is great though! Keep up the good work, I am rooting for you to quit for good!
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    congrats my ticker is still ticking away but i started again. didn;t make four days though. keep going thats an excellent start bet it feels like forever. can;t wait till i find my will power
  • vrdz3215
    Awmylolo,

yeah its set for my quit date as Sunday but i actually quit sat. nite soooooooooooooooooo thx..btw u r jrt is def as cute as mine!:happy:
  • vrdz3215
    congrats my ticker is still ticking away but i started again. didn;t make four days though. keep going thats an excellent start bet it feels like forever. can;t wait till i find my will power

i did the same thing with my ticker....last week it said like 15 days or something, but i had started back..i just reset the ticker, it does feel like its been a month but it is getting easier each day! I am using the patch which helps but i am chewing gum, straws, pens...anything that is not food that i can get my hands on like a mad woman!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Awmylolo,

yeah its set for my quit date as Sunday but i actually quit sat. nite soooooooooooooooooo thx..btw u r jrt is def as cute as mine!:happy:

:bigsmile: Well, we USED to think that ours was the cutest dog in the world but I made my fiance come up and see yours and he agrees that yours is as pretty as our Lois. LOL :heart:
  • zksammons
    zksammons Posts: 9
    Congrats on being smoke free! I smoked my last cigarette at 11:55 p.m. on New Year's Eve (It was my resolution). So I haven't had a cigarette in 6 months! My battle isn't over yet. I quite with both of my pregnancies but always started again shortly after they were born. So my longest was probably 10 months or so .... I'm determined to STAY smoke free this time!

I read somewhere that it takes 2 weeks to break a habit. It was true for me. The first two weeks were tough, but it's gotten easier every day since then. And now I very rarely even THINK about cigarettes. Now I just have to get my husband to quit and we'll REALLY be saving money!

You can do it!!!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Congrats! Good Job! You go, Girl! :flowerforyou:
    I also quit. It's been 1 month for me. :blushing:
    Seems like "1" month doesn't sound long enough, so...

it's been 33 days:happy:

which is

792 hours:noway:

which is

47,520 minutes:smooched:

which is, of course,

2,851,200 seconds:love:

Of which, I've been able to really BREATHE. (I was diagnosed with COPD at age 36 1 week before I quit).
    So...here's to US! :drinker:
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Congrats on being smoke free! I smoked my last cigarette at 11:55 p.m. on New Year's Eve (It was my resolution). So I haven't had a cigarette in 6 months! My battle isn't over yet. I quite with both of my pregnancies but always started again shortly after they were born. So my longest was probably 10 months or so .... I'm determined to STAY smoke free this time!

I read somewhere that it takes 2 weeks to break a habit. It was true for me. The first two weeks were tough, but it's gotten easier every day since then. And now I very rarely even THINK about cigarettes. Now I just have to get my husband to quit and we'll REALLY be saving money!

You can do it!!!

Don't think about it as "breaking a bad habit," think about it as "building a good habit!"

Congrats, OP! It's hard to quit smoking but it's worth it! I've been completely smoke-free, meaning I stopped sneaking cigarettes here and there without telling anybody, for about six months. When I was full-out smoking it was almost a pack every 3 days - yuck! That's not a lot compared to more hardcore smokers but it was way too much for my body.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!