Double Victory: Down 55 pounds total and I am featured on sk

Options
lloydmel
lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
Just thought I'd share this with all of you... I've been featured on skinnymom.com for my weightloss story. Here's the link :happy:
http://skinnymom.com/2012/02/20/real-fit-mom-melissa-lloyd/

Replies

• kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congrats ... good article
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations!! I tried to get the link, but haven't found your article yet. I will keep trying.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    That is a very motivational story! I am glad that you shared it with us... I know so much more about you now! :bigsmile:
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thank You! ... It means a lot to me to put it out there... I used to hide behind my fake smile and try to pretend everything was alright all the time.... now I put myself out there and it seems to work for me better... I deal with my emotions appropriately and I work it out when I have to and that helps me deal with things as I approach them.
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    What an amazing inspiration!
    Great jog, wonderful story!
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for share :smile:
  • hellingson
    Options
    Yay!! Congratulations.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Well thats a great NSV if I ever heard one!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Thank You! ... It means a lot to me to put it out there... I used to hide behind my fake smile and try to pretend everything was alright all the time.... now I put myself out there and it seems to work for me better... I deal with my emotions appropriately and I work it out when I have to and that helps me deal with things as I approach them.

I was/am the same way.... people are very suprised by what I say and do because it is not the norm. What they don't realize is that hiding/pretending is not good for you. Society will still accept me if I am honest about when I am happy, sad, hurt, or mad. I am still learning and some time I do better than others.

I know that finding the "better" me through this lifestyle change is one of the best things to happen since I was a toddler :bigsmile:
  • 18emeralds
    18emeralds Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, good job!
  • Jayney10
    Options
    Bumping to read the article later, looks like you have done fantastic and good for you learning to deal with your emotions rather than eating, thats something I am still working on.

Well done x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!