Do you workout where people can see you (other than a gym)?

Options
Just curious!

It is getting closer to feeling like spring here in VT (very odd for February) and I was thinking of taking my HIIT outside on the porch. I have been banned from doing it in the livingroom now because we have a new TV and my husband is worried I am going to break it. So my options are outside or basement. Basement is fine...but outside is fresh air, though still a bit chilly.

Replies

• pirate4hire
    Options
    I've started C25K again this week so that has me attempting to run on the sidewalks around the neighborhood (no more treadmill access). Trying to not think of what other people think of my out of shape bouncing down the road body. Bleh. Still doing it anyway!
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I run around my neighborhood and I work out in the gym downstairs at work. People are pretty friendly, I get greetings from others around the neighborhood that are out walking/jogging also. No creepy staring or judgmental looks so it's been fine so far!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have spent many years trying to avoid being seen by people in general, never mind when I'm exercising. I got a bike earlier this year and ended up scheduling all my rides for 8pm or later so I'd be out in the dark and it would be quiet.

This past fortnight I've been jogging twice, both times at rush hour. I never thought I'd be someone who could jog in public but I've stopped caring what people think. On Friday, I plan to take the bike out to a park during the day, as well. Sure, I probably look ridiculous trying to work out considering I'm incredibly unfit and have no co-ordination, but I'm letting my desire for varied exercise over-ride my natural predisposition to lock myself indoors and only exercise in the dead of night.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I run outside all the time! Around my apartment complex, neighborhood, and at this awesome running/biking trail in the middle of the city that's on the lake. I always go during the day on the weekends so there are TONS of people around. I kinda don't care about other people being around. I'm doing something awesome and healthy, and I don't care who sees it!
  • tinajoe628
    tinajoe628 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have avoided that in the past.. but I recently signed up to become a Team Beachbody Coach! I'm very proud of myself for making that decision to take the leap of faith and give myself the perfect push to head toward my fitness goals. I have usually even avoided the gym as much as possible. However, as a new coach with BB, I am actually look into and plan hosting a fit club! So I am starting with a few of my closest confidants, to join me in my home and do the beachbody programs- P90X, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Slim in 6, and Insanity!! Also have joined a few of the Zumba classes at the gym. So I am breaking out of my shell and getting more into group fitness!!!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the people in the condominium in front of mine saw me doing Wii Active 2 last night and I'm not going to sweat it! :tongue:

Do it where ever you feel most comfortable and have space! Who cares who sees you. If they have the nerve to say something or give you dirty looks, it's probably because they're pissed off they can't get off their *kitten* to do the same! YEAH! Lol
  • alexa_ann
    alexa_ann Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I run outside all the time.
    If people judge me I really could care less. Im running my *kitten* off and they are just standing around judging, I'm pretty sure I win in that situation :happy: