Serving Sizes

Options
I eat healthy most of the time and exercise 4 times a week, but sometimes I want to eat what I want. So does it matter if I have like pizza,as long as I have the appropriate serving size and I don't go over my calories for that day?

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Yes. You can eat anything you want (not always the best thing to do, but you can yes) as long as you stay within your calories. Just remember that better quality food will give you more bang for your buck when it comes to calories and energy gained.

Enjoy your pizza :drinker:
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    I dont really understand the question. You can always eat whatever you want. Are you asking if you will get fat if you eat this way, or what are you asking?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy most of the time and exercise 4 times a week, but sometimes I want to eat what I want. So does it matter if I have like pizza,as long as I have the appropriate serving size and I don't go over my calories for that day?

You can eat whatever you want as long as you do it in moderation. :smile:
  • pbell
    pbell Posts: 15
    Options
    i don't know about that. the other day i stayed within my calories and exersized but i ate a sausage egg biscut from mcdonalds and gained almost a pound. be carefull. too much fat isnt a good thing either. :sick:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    i don't know about that. the other day i stayed within my calories and exersized but i ate a sausage egg biscut from mcdonalds and gained almost a pound. be carefull. too much fat isnt a good thing either. :sick:

If you gained a pound from that it's probably the incredibly high amount of sodium in McDonalds products. Or it was a 3500 calorie sandwich (probably not, huh?) Fat isn't the only thing that causes scale movement.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options

I don't think you can gain a pound of fat from a single sausage egg biscuit. It takes 3500/calories over you caloric needs to gain 1lb of fat. In all probability it was water weight from all the bloody sodium in the thing.

As far as eating what you want, I find I lose weight and feel better when I eat healthy foods regardless of my calorie intake. When I tried to lose weight while still eating unhealthy, it was much harder even though I stayed under my calories and execised. That being said, you can eat things that aren't particularly healthy. Heck, I just had a piece of cake. I just made sure it was a small piece and I know I generally try to eat well. I just wouldn't recommend doing it every day.
  • pbell
    pbell Posts: 15
    Options
    yea well that was my last mickey d's (or anything else fast) experience!!!