Desk Jobs

Options
13»

Replies

• tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Same here....plus on top of that I teach ballroom dancing on the weekends all day. I work out M-F and rest/play on Sat & Sun but usually do some kind of activity once during the weekend.

As soon as get home its 6pm! I rush to the gym on tuesday & thursdays. On Mon WeD & Fri I cook dinner and then workout in the evening at about 8/9. By then im tired but glad I did it. My day is not complete without it.

I used to try and workout in the office but now I stopped. I workout enough after work that I am happy with where i am going. I just say : find a routine that works for you and stick with it! Everyone is different. I know some people that wake up extra early to do theirs and I tried it....no way! not a morning person here. hahah

Good Luck!
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have a (bicycler) peddler under my desk and little hand weights for air punches.
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    More water, more coffee in the morning, and I'm lucky, I work for my dad, but I tend to now eat a lighter lunch, which goes a little faster, and I will then go for a 5-10 minute walk. Wisconsin is not a very weatehr dependable state.
  • trishdhumphrey
    trishdhumphrey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I work behind a desk all day also but I do go for a walk at lunch or go to the gym and boy do I feel better when I do that :)
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    There are ergonomic workouts that you can get on line. I used to work at contracts and my concentration would get so deep that hours would go by without me having moved an inch. The ergonomic workouts would interrupt me, and put me through an exercise routine for a few minutes. I really, really needed this.
  • Mamaincali
    Mamaincali Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I find every excuse I can to get away from my desk for a minute - head to the printer, talk to a coworker instead of calling/emailing them, drink lots of water so I have to get up and go to the bathroom, walk on my lunch breaks. Every excuse possible, I do it. It's not much, but I try. I don't count it as exercise unless it's on my lunch break and I actively do some hard walking, but it helps me feel better.

I do all of this and on breaks and lunch I walk outside or inside around the building if weather is bad.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I work a desk job. I have found that I have to get up early every morning and hit the gym first thing. Otherwise I am too stiff at the end of the day to get anything effective going in the gym.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Drink more water so you have to constantly get up and go to the bathroom :)

This! Kill two birds with one stone :)
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Drink a lot of fluids during the day. You'll have to visit the bathroom a lot but hey...that could be some exercise in conjunction with your lunch break?
  • neveradullmoment
    Options
    Get one of those large exercise balls and sit on that instead of a chair.. it's fun and engages the core ALL day!

I work in a call center and I too HAVE to sit at my desk for a min of 8 hours a day! I have an exercise ball that I sit on instead of a chair and I love it!
  • KatieLauren19
    Options
    I do as well. I'm on the phones most of the time but what I do is every hour I stand for 5-10 minutes. It's harder when I have a lot of typing to do, but I make it a point to stand. Also, you can find a lot of great exercises and stretches you can do at your desk while sitting there working. You can also buy this thing that's like bike pedals. You pedal under the desk to keep your legs moving. It's fun, and great to keep moving.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...glued to my computer and headset from 8-5....I drink a LOT of water so I'm always up to pee and instead of waiting to copy/scan/print things in one big batch I do them individually so I am always up and down. Beyond that I just try and leave the office during lunch...even if it's just to go walk around the grocery store or CVS...or to run and grab a coffee!
  • lupizzle00
    lupizzle00 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Drink more water so you have to constantly get up and go to the bathroom :)
  • lupizzle00
    lupizzle00 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Haha I do that! I drink and drink water so I have an excuse to keep getting out of my chair LMAO
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    bump :D