Anyone have any good protein shake recipes?

Options
CHUBBYLOVLEY
CHUBBYLOVLEY Posts: 65 Member
I'm looking to adding a protein shake for a meal replacement for breakfast. Most of the time I don't have time to eat breakfast or I just skip it all together. ( I know how important breakfast is) I know you can buy flavored protein powders but what else if anything can I add to it so I don't get sick of the same thing everyday. Any suggestions?? :happy:

Replies

• gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like to add pineapple (either fresh or canned) and some coconut extract (found in the baking section at any grocery store) to my vanilla protein and then it's like a Pina Colada!! Sooooo delicious, filling and healthy!! I also add some left over coffee sometimes for a mocha flavor and sometimes I add peanut butter (because I am addicted to PB!!!)
  • greeneyedaries
    greeneyedaries Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Vi-shake
    1 T. peanut butter NHFC
    1 T. cocoa powder
    4-6oz. half and half
    ice

Mix in ninja til thick and smooth.
    I really like this doesn't raise my glucose level....
  • mar81
    mar81 Posts: 1
    Options
    I keep different kinds of frozen fruit in the freezer and add them to my Vanilla protein shake,making a new kind everyday..so I don't get bored.So I can have a strawberry one day and peach another,or any other flavors.You can also add some fruit like an orange,orange yogurt. and make a really tasty one.There are endless combinations.Enjoy!!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    If you like pumpkin pie: pumpkin, spices, vanilla protein powder, dairy milk/soy milk/ or yogurt.

I also put chocolate protein powder in my oatmeal with a Tbsp of peanut butter...tastes like a no-bake oatmeal cookie!!
  • NanRT2004
    Options
    I do:

1 scoop of vanilla protein
    1 banana
    handful of frozen strawberries
    scoop of ice cream (which I know is a NO-NO) can substute with vanilla yogurt
    scoop of crush pineapple
    cup of Sunny D

Makes about 32 oz or less

and abt 485 calories
  • NanRT2004
    Options

I also put chocolate protein powder in my oatmeal with a Tbsp of peanut butter...tastes like a no-bake oatmeal cookie!!

I will have to try to chocolate protein in my oatmeal, I :heart: the chocolate oatmeal cookies!!!! :heart:
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    After I train I usually have this:

To 1 cup of water add -
    1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
    1 tbsp ground flaxseed
    1 tbsp crunchy raw peanut butter
    1 cup of fresh blueberries
    3 ice cubes

Frappe that mother!

Sometimes I'll substitute a banana for the blueberries. It's delicious and tastes like a milkshake. It's great after a hard workout!
  • CHANINE111
    CHANINE111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I can send you a few... email me... jkilian@xstratacoal.co.za =)
  • Thaimi
    Options
    I use either Shaklee's Energizing protein (http://alturl.com/gdkro) or one of their Cinch (http://alturl.com/tuv46) products (I trust the integrity of their soy-growing and processing techniques) with either a banana, or frozen strawberries, peaches, or blueberries. I also use their Performance products for optimum hydration, when I'm working out: http://alturl.com/aus8m as well as any other time of my day. It helps to hydrate better than water alone.
  • CHUBBYLOVLEY
    CHUBBYLOVLEY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the yummy recipes :flowerforyou:
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1 scoop ProFit (ask me where to order it....only 100 calories)
    Almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk
    half a banana
    everynow and then i add in some peanut or almond butter.

Delicious!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I make mine with 2/3 ice and 1/3 water... and throw in a banana or some fruits you like... toss it in the blender and then have a delicious shake/smoothie texture.
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Vi-shake
    1 T. peanut butter NHFC
    1 T. cocoa powder
    4-6oz. half and half
    ice

Mix in ninja til thick and smooth.
    I really like this doesn't raise my glucose level....

What is Vi-shake and what is NHFC?
  • SarahLovesNick
    Options
    I never get tired of this one. It is my version of a Mean Mocha from Booster juice.

1 scoop Chocolate protein powder
    1/2 frozen vanilla yogurt (chapmans is delicious)
    1/2 cup almond milk
    2 tablespoons instant coffee

Thats it. Blend and enjoy.

About 260 calories