Water

Options
Hi Guys!

Just wondering how many of you who have been truly successful in losing weight drink alot of water. I'm not a water drinker and it seems like most people I know who've lost drink alot of water. What do ya think?

Replies

• elisamoore
    elisamoore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that I do a better job at losing weight when I drink water. Over the weekends I drink a lot less and I tend to gain a pound or two....New goal is to drink as much water as I do during the work week at home when I am off.:happy:
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have definitely noticed that my body responds better to EVERYTHING, including trying to lose weight, when I'm doing three things that I consider basic functions:

1.) drinking lots of water.
    2.) getting plenty of sleep.
    3.) walking plenty.

I like the walking because it's a low-impact way to stay moving and my body just loves it.

Good luck! I'm sorry to hear you're not a water fan...my best advice is to make it happen.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I used to have a problem with getting enough water until I picked up a cute water bottle and made sure to drink at least 3 or 4 a day.
    Now, it's about all I drink. I feel *so* much better when I drink enough water.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have definitely noticed that my body responds better to EVERYTHING, including trying to lose weight, when I'm doing three things that I consider basic functions:

1.) drinking lots of water.
    2.) getting plenty of sleep.
    3.) walking plenty.

I like the walking because it's a low-impact way to stay moving and my body just loves it.

Good luck! I'm sorry to hear you're not a water fan...my best advice is to make it happen.

well said. :smile:
  • msmissylowe
    Options
    I have been religously drinking a gallon or more of water a day for about a month and I feel so good!
    My skin has gotten soft and I just feel good.
    I've been exercising a lot to, so I am sure that has contributed, but I would definetly say that drinking as much water as you can has good benefits for your body.
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Try sparkling water...it does the trick for me.
  • nikkibyrdRN
    nikkibyrdRN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am don't drink alot of fluids in general, but I have made an effort to increase my water intake and weed out other junk laden drinks. I tend to drink more when I exercise and on the days I don't I just have to push myself to drink the amount I need. I definitely can tell a difference in my weight loss when I consume proper amounts of water. It flushes all the crud out of your system and keeps you hydrated! :)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    my skin was my "ah hah" moment. Since I've been drinking more than 8 glasses a day (pretty much until my pee is almost clear) my skin had been sooooo clear.
  • auddiejo
    Options
    I have a water jug that holds exactly 8 glasses of water. I put in 2 of the flavored Benefiber packets. This way not only do I have a good flavor to all that water, I'm getting additional fiber which keeps me full.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I never drink pure water. There's no need. I get my hydration from tea, coffee, soda, and cordial. Im perfectly hydrated, and have never been fitter or healthier! :D
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try water with Crystal lite. It's about 10 cals a packet for a water bottle. I can usually just use half a packet to give it a little sweetness and help me a little with the water intake. I know some people say to stay away from the artificial sugars but I'm OK with it - it works for me and that's what counts :)
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I find water supresses my appetite if nothing else.... it helps push through high sodium food if you ever have a splurge and it clenses your body.

Im not sure how well it helps weight loss as Ive only been really really pushing the water thing the last 2 weeks... but from the research I have done regarding how weight loss is assisted by water it makes sence.
  • thesimplist
    thesimplist Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to have the hardest time drinking water. I just couldn't drink it straight. When I was first trying to get healthy I used Nuun's Natural Hydration water tablets and that really helped. They come in some tasty flavors like cucumber mint and goji berry green tea (the goji berry flavor is my favorite). Now I have no problem drinking water. My body craves it now, particularly when I'm working out. I don't use the water tablets anymore because they're expensive and I no longer need them to convince me to drink water.

I find that when I drink my water every day, I feel more energetic, I eat less because I'm not as hungry, and my skin feels better. When I don't drink it, I eat more calories because I'm hungrier. I don't really think of drinking water in terms of weight loss, but more in terms of how it makes me feel and perform fitness-wise. Though drinking water helps with portion control, it has so much more of a benefit than just that.
  • Sharney3154
    Sharney3154 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also like using a cute water bottle but I slice lemon and put it in with lots of ice. I was hooked on pop and this helped be break that bad habit. Give it a try it works.
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I used to struggle to drink 4 glasses a day, I now drink 8+ (380ml each), I also put Ice in mine and when the suns out a slice of lemon or lime infused water is nice....
  • Honey623
    Options
    I only drink ice water. I hear that drinking ice water the body needs to use more than 100 calories just to warm itself to room temp to obsorb the water so you are really using more calories than you are taking in and it forces your system to rev up your metabolism, to keep your bodys temperature from dropping. For example, eight 12oz glasses of ice water a day, your body wil burn an additional 200 calories :) if you dont care for plain old water just add a lemon or lime or rasberries to jazz it up a bit :) good luck.
  • Bankerbob67
    Bankerbob67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Plus side - Water has no calories, easily obtainable, good for your skin, hydrates the body. Taste never varies, it's water.
    Flushes the body clean.

Minus side - A lot of visits to the bathroom. (I've turned that into a plus, when at home I do ten push ups with each visit)

I think drinking water definitely helps you lose weight. .I never get to eight glasses a day. On average I would say I drink 4 glasses
    a day. Try to have a glass of water just before you going to have a meal. Helps to fill you up. I've just come back from a ten day
    vacation. Gained 6 pounds back, drank a lot of water when I came home. Four days and I've dropped 4 pounds. Drank a lot of water and did a lot push ups. Best of luck :drinker: :drinker:
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I was not a big water drinker but I am now I found a cute bottle and I keep it full all day long, my skin looks so much better and I eat less, I knit sounds silly but when I got the pretty bottle it made it much easier to drink the water!