I'm at maintenance, now what?

Options
I am stressed out if I am doing any of this right? I have been on maintenance for a week and a half and it has been nice but how am I supposed to still eat healthy and hit my maintenance calories. I am allowed 1680 before working out and then I usually burn around 500-900 calories a day depending on the day through exercise. I eat healthy and snack throughout the day but I usually end up still having 1000 calories left for dinner. How do I reach my maintenance calorie cap without resorting to ridiculously huge portions? My other problem is that I find myself feeling incredibly guilty for allowing for dessert every night when I have a remaining 1000 calories for dinner.... Help! I feel like I am stressing over enjoying myself, I eat healthy breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, and my dinners aren't unhealthy, but it seems like I need to eat a huge portion for dinner or add dessert to a normal sized portion just to reach my cap. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to not have such a big deficit to fill for dinner/evenings? I am also limiting takeout and restaurant food to only once a week because I know that eating that stuff is unhealthy and I came here to get fit, lose weight, and be HEALTHY!

What can I do to not feel guilty about allowing for dessert, and what can I do besides eat more nuts and avocados (I already eat many healthy snacks a day so I am not really hungry in between meals). Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You could try and incorporate some foods that are quite high in calories but are still healthy (such as nuts, avocado etc). Maybe have a piece of toast with peanut butter as a snack and that type of thing?!? I'm really looking forward to being in the same position as you one day!! Well done for reaching your goal!
  • Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am right at maintenance as well and feel this may be harder than losing. I think if we just up each meal another hundred calories and add in a snack (or higher calorie snack vs lower)- should be good. Good luck
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    Bump
  • nikkisa10
    nikkisa10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've posted this link a couple of times http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm it can tell you how many calories you are suppose to eat a day...also, the suggestion of adding higher calorie healthy foods sounds like a great idea. Can't wait to have this problem; good job and congrats!
  • monicaroozo
    Options
    Thanks so much! Super helpful site!