Team weight loss challenge

Options
Our Y has started a 6-month weight loss challenge today for our employees. There are 5 teams with 3 people per team competing. The team that loses the largest PERCENTAGE of pre-competition combined weight wins a week's paid vacation! I am the fitness director and am excited to see everyone involved!

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an awesome challenge. That will be a lot of fun! Good luck!! :drinker:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    That had potential to be a great, team-building experience with positive and lasting results! Good luck to all teams!!!!
  • wayneb
    wayneb Posts: 3
    Options
    Those contest are great. It helps if there is some fun trash talking or really competitive people to spur it on. I ran one for my company a few weeks ago and I am in the middle of another one. In 8 weeks last time 42 people lost over 350lbs. It worked out to an average of 8lbs per person.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: