angry at fruit !

Options
I am trying to snack healthy with fruit but it keeps taking me over in my sugar? Help!

Replies

• Lululucyloo
    Options
    I only count refined sugar so take my total sugar minus the fruit etc and then that is my total sugar.
    Unfortunately MFP does not let you enter them separately because sugar is sugar but natural sugar should not be a worry to you

Honestly, just count your added sugar.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    There's an obesity epidemic in America. The culprit?

Apples.
  • electricmeow
    electricmeow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh no...the heated debate is about to happen once again!....

Personally, I have upped my own sugar limit to 50 just so I don't have to see the angry red negative at the end of the day. Yeah, it's high, but it's enough to leave room for quite a bit of fruit. Thing is, if you are eating fruit, AND candy then you will go over this amount. Generally if you are being good, and just eating fruit you won't. You can customize this too. By the way, I'm not saying this is the perfect number so no one rat me out!

Just make your fruit each day part of a routine, so if you are eating bad sugars that day it will actually reflect.

Disclaimer: Don't count fruit juices as part of your fruit! They are bad as well, even if no sugar is added!
  • mparsons2000
    Options
    I am with you at finding that fruit puts me over my limit everyday and being very frustrated by that. It is a little discouraging to think I am trying so hard to eat right, make smart food decisions and still see at that glaring red number at the end of every day!
  • Lululucyloo
    Options
    Just in case you want to read.... http://caloriecount.about.com/counting-added-sugar-b341260

"Is this an unprocessed food to which you did not add sugar?
    If the answer is “yes“, then "added sugar" is not an issue."