Popcorn suggestions please

Options
rds532
rds532 Posts: 109 Member
I need some ideas on popcorn please. I love it but need some healthy ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• TurnLeftNow
    Options
    100 calorie popcorn bags.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Air Popper! Just try to limit yourself to like 4 cups. I like to sprinkle nutritional yeast on my hot popcorn. :)
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i get the jolly time 94% fat free 100 calorie kettle corn bags. you can eat a whole bag for 100 calories! they also have regular 94% fat free popcorn 100 calorie bags.
  • travm2007
    Options
    I agree, the 100 calorie bags are great. I used to air pop my own but always found that I would add so much butter to it that it quickly became unhealthy. That and I like the portion control of the premade bags.
  • straitcrzyMary
    straitcrzyMary Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My sister taught me this...jolly time popcorn on the stove...use olive oil, and then garlic and pepper flakes...really good..
  • awells76
    awells76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    air-pop,nutritional yeast,a little canola and a bit of sea salt
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    We love the Popcorn Indiana bags that come already seasoned. They have LOTS of different varieties: kettle, cinnamon sugar, cocoa, bacon ranch. and on and on. One serving is usually 120-150 calories. And you don't have to worry about that burnt smell if you leave it in the microwave too long. :tongue:

They also make single-serve bags that are great...already portioned out and ready to go. But our local grocery store does not carry them any more.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Pop your own in the microwave - 1/3 cup kernels in a brown paper bag (lunchbag size), fold the top over a couple of times &do what you would do with store-bought microwave popcorn. Add your own seasonings when its done. You control what goes on it and its MUCH cheaper!
  • h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I pop the kernals in a pot with some coconut oil then sprinkle with sea salt. Yum! That is one of my treats on the weekends.
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    I saw a recipe recently for popcorn drizzled with dark chocolate and chili powder both of which go surprisingly well with one another and have great health benefits (in moderation) :)