Another 2 lbs

Options
ptdr
ptdr Posts: 25 Member
Lost another 2 lbs this week. I'm down 57 lbs since July 2008. Big sigh of relief. :smile:

I have a question -

I have another 76 lbs to lose. . . when I get close to my healthy weight - the exercises I am doing - will my stomach ever be flat?

I eat 1200 calories a day, do sit ups every other day, strength training every other day, ellipitcal 45 min every day, and walk 4 miles Fri, Sat, Sun . . .

Do you think it's physically possible for my abs to go flat (and I'm talking about my stomach AND the part that hangs below the stomach).

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    if you lose enough weight and work on strengthening core muscles, then i yes, you should be able to achieve a flat stomach.
    congratulations on the weight loss and keep up the good work.
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    Well.......CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:love: You're doing great! .....re: the flat abs I'd sure like to know myself! I know the exercises are essential....but even within 10 of my goal I still have a pooch that is exercise resistant. I think the exercises have to be REALLY targeted and even then????? Good luck on your continued success!
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS! This is the only situation in which those words should ever be used, haha. :laugh:

If you train your body as a whole with special emphasis on your abdominal muscles, you should be able to achieve a flat tummy. Even if it's not completely flat, by the time you reach your goal weight you'll be ripped and healthy!

Weight training and cardiovascular exercise are great for your body when you're losing large amounts of weight, anyway, because they help promote muscle tone and skin elasticity. Remember to drink your water, too! Hydrated skin is healthy skin and healthy skin retains elasticity better!

Here's to your weight loss! :drinker: <-- water mugs!
  • ptdr
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    me too ! yehaaaaaa
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I think it's totally possible - look at the biggest loser contestants, almost all of them have flat tummys now. If you lose the weight at a good steady pace your skin & muscles will have time to accomodate the change. :happy: Congrats & good luck!!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Lost another 2 lbs this week. I'm down 57 lbs since July 2008. Big sigh of relief. :smile:

I have a question -

I have another 76 lbs to lose. . . when I get close to my healthy weight - the exercises I am doing - will my stomach ever be flat?

I eat 1200 calories a day, do sit ups every other day, strength training every other day, ellipitcal 45 min every day, and walk 4 miles Fri, Sat, Sun . . .

Do you think it's physically possible for my abs to go flat (and I'm talking about my stomach AND the part that hangs below the stomach).

I have 1 word for a flat stomach...................strengthens the core muscles in your back, stomach and just core region.......

PILATES!!!!!!!
  • ptdr
    Options
    I know you're right about it being totally possible. But the total loser show - I don't know if the audience (us) are really shown what their bodies go through once they lose all that weight.

I was reading a magazine and there was one big loser on that show that had to do major cosmetic surgery because of all the skin that was hanging on them. It didn't look pretty either.

So I am not worry about skin haning on me except that one part of my body - the stomach part - the abs that hangs on overweight people.

I'm going to continue to eat right and exercise every day until I get to my healthy weight and at that point, I will go to a trainer to see what I can do to tighten the abs.

Thank you for your comment and your compliment on my weight lost. I am excited about it too.

Congrats to you to and your weight lost. :smile:
  • ptdr
    Options
    Pilates . . . I will have to try that. I have a DVD. I'll give it a try!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I know you're right about it being totally possible. But the total loser show - I don't know if the audience (us) are really shown what their bodies go through once they lose all that weight.

I was reading a magazine and there was one big loser on that show that had to do major cosmetic surgery because of all the skin that was hanging on them. It didn't look pretty either.

So I am not worry about skin haning on me except that one part of my body - the stomach part - the abs that hangs on overweight people.

I'm going to continue to eat right and exercise every day until I get to my healthy weight and at that point, I will go to a trainer to see what I can do to tighten the abs.

Thank you for your comment and your compliment on my weight lost. I am excited about it too.

Congrats to you to and your weight lost. :smile:

Congrads on your weight loss so far.

As far as the biggest loser contestants. I've heard/read it's because they lost the fat so fast , or anybody that loses fat fast will have loose skin.
    There seems to be alot of people on here that have lost a good amount of weight and their skin has shrunk back.
  • ptdr
    Options
    I think you are correct with the weight they lost coming off fast instead of an gradual pace.

The show (to me) makes it look like the contestants work hard (doing exercises) over a long period of time. If that were true - then I would think they wouldn't need any surgery at all.

Anyways, I know I am getting off the main topic which was a flat stomach. I will work at getting to my idea weight and then worry about tightening the abs.

Thanks for the comment and congrats on your weight loss too! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!