tired of facebook?

Options
jeffarthur
jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
anyone else tired of facebook? ive just burned out with updates and stupid pictures. At least here i get motivation

Replies

• cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Facebook and never have been able to.
    I used to log on to play games and that's it.

It's just pointless for me to use it. The people I talk to on a day-to-day basis have my phone number and can call or message any time to catch up.
    I just don't have that many people on the 'outer-circles' to justify cyberstalking them to see what they're up to. I'm busy enough damnit >.<!

And yeah, MFP's is great because everyone is focused. Everyone has a common goal - to get healthier and to stay healthier. Just by joining up you have made great friends.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    FB sucks now..it's similar to myspace---very highschool-ish!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Yup. My mom guilted me into making an account because I moved 2000 miles away and she demanded pictures of my "new life." XD

She said it could be her 50th birthday present and I was temporarily broke so I caved. haha!

I have added 5 friends since November. lol
  • dcsump2
    Options
    Never had nor will have an account. Eff that!
  • Simitra
    Simitra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with cjpg.
    My mother wants me to join Facebook and I can't stand the thought. I like to keep a tight circle of close friends. I'm not a planet, I don't need satellites...or stalkers. :-)
    I just got off the phone with my best friend and she said she's ready to get away from it as well. How timely this topic.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I'm sure you will tire of MFP eventually too - this just seems so much more exciting cos it is new! :drinker:
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i barely log on...its become more of a public directory.
  • TiffanyDeanee
    Options
    Yeah I only get of FB to play the games. Im obsessed with CastleVille tho.
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    A resounding YES!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    It's like comparing APPLES to ORANGES- whole different realm as far as I'm concerned.

And I've run into A LOT more *DRAMA* here on some of the forums-

I did, however, recently delete my FB *friends* so that all I have is FAMILY now.

How's *THAT* for a quick weight loss tip????:laugh:
  • jeffarthur
    Options
    Yup. My mom guilted me into making an account because I moved 2000 miles away and she demanded pictures of my "new life." XD

She said it could be her 50th birthday present and I was temporarily broke so I caved. haha!

I have added 5 friends since November. lol
    [/quote

Hilarious
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Nope - still a big Facebook fan. I moved around a lot growing up and have friends all over - I really enjoy keeping up with them.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I only signed up because my best friend had one and she wanted to get into status-based antics with me. Nowadays I just read any updates from things I've "liked" and grow to dislike the few people on my friend's list because of what they choose to post. It's a place to spend 5 minutes at best unless you're involved heavily in all the games.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    its too easy for everyone to get in everyone elses business
  • jeffarthur
    Options
    Yes, and I'm sure you will tire of MFP eventually too - this just seems so much more exciting cos it is new! :drinker:

actually no...work in the space and i think its the focus that MFP has. Never trolled FB. I think you will see more "focus" networks in the near future.
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i barely log on...its become more of a public directory.

Never thought of it that way. Interesting.
  • Crys32
    Crys32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I only like FB because I have family all over the US, otherwise I'd much rather be on MFP with my motivational friends :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I still like Facebook, but what I hate about it, is they keep updating/new and improving it until it has lost a lot of the features I used to like a lot.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I recently created a new one, but just for family and close friends...because I moved from CA to KY... My brothers are young and are always on there, so I just use it to spy on them..haha and obviously to keep in touch with my family.--otherwise, it is so annoying now. It's like a damn reality show, and even the people you know well seem to broadcast that they have the best life ever and are so awesome..and they're not. hehe

Facebook: What's on you mind?
    Facebook user: I just drank a diet coke.

Seriously?
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    its too easy for everyone to get in everyone elses business

Exactly. My family lives all over the place and FB is how we connect and share pics....but it is also how we argue over stupid crap like religion and politics. I actually had to deactivate mine for quite sometime.