Rant and chuckle :)

Options
I started this journey a month ago and have been documenting some funny things and was told by a good friend that it's about time I put my rants on paper ... err' MFP / Facebook I guess, will have to do.

It's a little long but my aim is to encourage smiling. Enjoy.

Hugs and success!

Shelley

p.s ... Hey Nike. Just do it? Really ?!? If it were that easy we all would have done it LONG ago!

So you’re addicted to the scale, eh? Meh. Me too. I probably weigh myself too much and although I’ve been told to do it once a week and only once a week … what’s the harm? It keeps me on track and encourages me when I’m losing weight, and reminds me to eat less when I fall off the wagon. I think I need to find a scale that cheers and coaches me on ... "Woohoo, you go girl !!!" ... "Hmmm guess that cheesecake wasn't such a good idea eh chubby?"

A goal without a deadline is not a goal, it’s merely just a dream. Set a date. And on that date proclaim to the skies “Yay! I succeeded” or “crap, EPIC FAILURE , that didn’t work out so well”

Never. Ever. Give. Up.

Make the water bottle your *****. Sure you’ll have to pee a billion times a day and those endless trips to the “loo” will drive you and your co-workers crazy but hey – just do it. You know it’s good for you.

A half-hour walk does not equal a double chocolate decadent brownie. And a 10k does not equal a burger and fries. Just because you earned extra bonus “activity” points, it doesn’t entitle you to enjoy a Chocolate Martini celebration. Seriously people. WTF.

Eating more of something won’t help you lose weight. Calories are calories are calories are calories …
Your body is working against you. Everything is working against you. LIFE is also working against you. Even your friends may be working against you. GUESS WHAT ??!!?? My willpower will NOT work against me.

This whole “healthy lifestyle thing” is really hard work and every day you have to put a ridiculous amount of effort in, every bloody day of every bloody week but allowing my thighs to live a life outside of Siamese twins is soooooo worth it. (Hello closet full of skinny people clothes, nice to see you again.)

Exercise … I know you don’t want to hear it and you’re probably grunting at the mere thought of it but I am absolutely pro-pro-pro working out because it helps you stay on track and reduces cellulite (who wants to be one of those skinny-fat people?) Drag your butt to the gym. Try a class, you may just find yourself a class-junkie (yep, I’m self diagnosed). I feel strong, accomplished and amazing after every workout !! Just remember that exercise is not the complete answer, exercise compliments your weight loss journey.

And finally, if being “cherubic” is your only problem, consider yourself very, very lucky!! There are a tonne (no pun intended) of people walking around on this place we call earth with underlying issues for their weight. If a few pounds is TRULY your only issue …well then, HOT DAMN, lucky you.

You are what you eat … so be DELICIOUS !!!

Replies

• jennmartin82
    Options
    I started this journey a month ago and have been documenting some funny things and was told by a good friend that it's about time I put my rants on paper ... err' MFP / Facebook I guess, will have to do.

It's a little long but my aim is to encourage smiling. Enjoy.

Hugs and success!

Shelley

p.s ... Hey Nike. Just do it? Really ?!? If it were that easy we all would have done it LONG ago!

So you’re addicted to the scale, eh? Meh. Me too. I probably weigh myself too much and although I’ve been told to do it once a week and only once a week … what’s the harm? It keeps me on track and encourages me when I’m losing weight, and reminds me to eat less when I fall off the wagon. I think I need to find a scale that cheers and coaches me on ... "Woohoo, you go girl !!!" ... "Hmmm guess that cheesecake wasn't such a good idea eh chubby?"

A goal without a deadline is not a goal, it’s merely just a dream. Set a date. And on that date proclaim to the skies “Yay! I succeeded” or “crap, EPIC FAILURE , that didn’t work out so well”

Never. Ever. Give. Up.

Make the water bottle your *****. Sure you’ll have to pee a billion times a day and those endless trips to the “loo” will drive you and your co-workers crazy but hey – just do it. You know it’s good for you.

A half-hour walk does not equal a double chocolate decadent brownie. And a 10k does not equal a burger and fries. Just because you earned extra bonus “activity” points, it doesn’t entitle you to enjoy a Chocolate Martini celebration. Seriously people. WTF.

Eating more of something won’t help you lose weight. Calories are calories are calories are calories …
    Your body is working against you. Everything is working against you. LIFE is also working against you. Even your friends may be working against you. GUESS WHAT ??!!?? My willpower will NOT work against me.

This whole “healthy lifestyle thing” is really hard work and every day you have to put a ridiculous amount of effort in, every bloody day of every bloody week but allowing my thighs to live a life outside of Siamese twins is soooooo worth it. (Hello closet full of skinny people clothes, nice to see you again.)

Exercise … I know you don’t want to hear it and you’re probably grunting at the mere thought of it but I am absolutely pro-pro-pro working out because it helps you stay on track and reduces cellulite (who wants to be one of those skinny-fat people?) Drag your butt to the gym. Try a class, you may just find yourself a class-junkie (yep, I’m self diagnosed). I feel strong, accomplished and amazing after every workout !! Just remember that exercise is not the complete answer, exercise compliments your weight loss journey.

And finally, if being “cherubic” is your only problem, consider yourself very, very lucky!! There are a tonne (no pun intended) of people walking around on this place we call earth with underlying issues for their weight. If a few pounds is TRULY your only issue …well then, HOT DAMN, lucky you.

You are what you eat … so be DELICIOUS !!!

Love it!!
  • christal0611
    christal0611 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love it too... :love: :smile:
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • BOOKNHAND
    BOOKNHAND Posts: 10 Member
    Options