Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

Options
Hello MFP friends does anyone do the 30 day shred and if so how do you log it under your exercise? What are your results from Jillian negative and positive please. Today I did day 1 it was intense but friends of mine didn't think they burn enough calories and feel it will not work for them. I really liked it because it was doing strength, cardio and abs all in one. I feel like I worked my butt off, legs are sore and it does get more intense as you move up leves. So if anyone can give me their results on Jillian and if they did anything else to help I would greatly appreciate it... Thanks again, Danyelle

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    before i got my HRM i logged it as circuit training... i think i burned between 190 and 260 calories depending on the level and how hard i pushed myself. i dont remember my exact results from it, but i believe i lost about 7 inches.. cant remember how many pounds.
  • allikat1324
    allikat1324 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 Day Shred and basically all of Jillian's DVD's that I've tried. They definitely work for me. Everyone's calorie burn will be a bit different, but according to my heart rate monitor I usually burn around 300 calories if I put in a good effort which is good enough for me! I think a lot of people use circuit training, general to log it in MFP but that always comes up as less calories burned than what my heart rate monitor tells me.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and i love it, I also do the gym 2x a week as well
  • sandraleigh01
    Options
    Hello MFP friends does anyone do the 30 day shred and if so how do you log it under your exercise? What are your results from Jillian negative and positive please. Today I did day 1 it was intense but friends of mine didn't think they burn enough calories and feel it will not work for them. I really liked it because it was doing strength, cardio and abs all in one. I feel like I worked my butt off, legs are sore and it does get more intense as you move up leves. So if anyone can give me their results on Jillian and if they did anything else to help I would greatly appreciate it... Thanks again, Danyelle

I just bought it on amazon, I can't wait to start!
  • JacksonMomto3
    Options
    I am on Day 6 of Level 1, and I log it under General Circuit Training for 20 mins, which normally says 211 calories are burned. My weigh in/measurement day isn't until Saturday, so I cant tell you any results yet.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I really like 30DS. I log it as "Circuit training, general," for 20 minutes. I like that she kicks your butt the whole time. I also like the squats/lunges because they work my legs but I worry about my knees - I did it 6 days in a row one week and by the end of the 6 days one of my knees hurt pretty badly. I would recommend taking a day off here and there - you don't have to do it every day for 30 days, although I know some people do.

I THINK I might be getting results, although it's hard to tell on myself. I also like that you are doing strength, cardio and abs all in one quick workout. I'm up to my last couple of days of level 2, and lately I've been doing level 2 and then level 1 immediately afterward for a 40-minute circuit (I skip all the stretching and do it at the end, same for the level 1 warm-up).

Re: your friends not thinking it will work for them, it really depends on what kind of shape you're in when you start doing it. Perhaps they could use heavier weights? Just a thought. I'm using 5-lb weights and I think that's a good amount. Again, it depnds on what kind of shape you're in.

Good luck!
  • lauraashley85
    lauraashley85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 myself and would love to hear others insight!
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    i do the 30ds and am day 8 level 2. for those of you who are having knee problems, jillian said in a podcast it is not meant to be done every day, like in a row, you need to take breaks. since i have been told this, i have done it. i do tae bo one day and then jillian the next and it has helped tremendously. my results...well ive lost 26 lbs and started january 1. i am at the point though, my pants literally fall off me .lol hope everyone has great results as well
  • mjok31
    mjok31 Posts: 84
    Options
    I am on day 4 of level 2. I love it so far. I use a HRM to figure calories burned, mine are between 250 and 285. I have also been doing another cardio activity along with 30ds, like jogging, step machine, or elliptical. As of now I have lost 4 overall inches and 3 pounds, still have 16 more days to go!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    i now burn diddly squat with 30ds about 160cals in the 20+ mins. Which for me isn't a lot.
    The reason I find it now too easy is that my cardio fitness has improved 10fold, and i find it's not challenging enough, so I now doing something else.. but it's a great starting tool.
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I am going to give it a 30 day trial, I have to stop worrying so much about how many calories I have left after exercising and worrying more about the intensity of my workout. I am pretty active, did zumba, gym, biking, rollerblading and Jillian day 1 was extreme. Going to try this since everything else really isn't doing much for me but everyone's body is different. Please keep me posted my 30 day shred friends, I love to hear your great success stories!!!! Danyelle
  • mom22qties
    Options
    I do the 30DS. This is my 2nd time going through it. I burn about 212 calories. I also run and do other Calisthenics and I have heard most people record theirs under Calisthenics. I think it was hard at first and my legs were so sore, but I kept on. I found out that if I don't stretch out before my muscles hurt more. Good for you and keep with it you will see the results. I can see mine already. :)
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't use it but I saw a thread a couple of weeks ago talking about it. Some folks posted amazing before/after pics. I am sure if you stick with it you'll see some changes! Good Luck!
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I like it but I have to move on to something different as it now only burns about 150 calories for me, no matter how hard I push.
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am just about to do day 2, I woke up this morning and was having trouble moving she really kicked my butt yesterday! It just shows you how unfit I am.... :-( but I'm changing that as of this week! good luck everyone
  • realtreegirl
    Options
    Hey danyelle67, I bought it a while back but never stuck with it and only did it for about 8 days but I could tell it was working then. My sister is getting married this summer so I have been really trying to lose weight (30 lbs) So I decided that I am going to start doing the 30 day shred tomorrow along with doing a few days a week doing zumba and elliptical. I HAVE to stick with it all the way through! If you would like a motivation and accountability buddy please do add me :) Good Luck!!
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just got my DVD and have just completed day 3. I too have knee issues and have been wondering if I need to take a break from doing it every day. However, my only other exercise is walking 2 miles at lunch time. I commute to work and am away from home 12 hours per day so that doesn't leave much time to work out. Thus the 2 mile walk at lunch. I'm hoping this DVD will be the extra that I need to get toned and in shape.
  • taythelovely
    Options
    So i just started the thirty day shred... and i must say level one kicked my butt. I was sweating so hard so i knew it was a great workout. By the way im new to this fitness pal any suggestion ???