Is this thing on

Options
Recently I joined a gym simply to stay in shape and upon stepping on the scale there i got a huge (no pun intended) reality check. The prospect of me hitting 300 lbs has definitely scared me and that brings me here. I've pretty much lost/gained the same 20 lbs for the past few years but this time im going all out and aiming to lose 100+. Being somewhat of an alpha male in my family and circle of friends i'm trying to keep this a secret at least until it becomes extremely obvious that i've lost weight. I'm sure they'll be supportive its just something i rather keep to myself and of course this website full of lovely strangers :)

I'm no stranger to message boards so i know the newbie rules....search before i make a new thread, keep sarcasm at a minimum and of course no extremely long intro posts so i'll leave it at this.

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    *crickets*
  • nycjc
    nycjc Posts: 2
    Options
    LOL...yes its on....I'm with you on the losing 100+ and not wanting to tell anyone either but I guess my thing is more out of fear of failure than anything else. I've never been this heavy I'm almost twice the size I used to be so definitely a reality check and time to get my butt in gear
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • c1yfdbfd
    Options
    I have a similar goal. I know I should lose 100 pounds but I've set a more realistic goal of 60 pounds. I log everything I eat to keep myself accountable. I'm looking forward to when someone notices I've lost weight. That will happen after I lose 30 or more. The ten I've lost so far doesn't show, but I already feel better.
  • chuckleswk
    chuckleswk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You need a friend, feel free to add me. I have 60lbs to loose and have yo-yo-ed the same 25lbs for the last 10 years. I don't remember the last time that I was under 200lbs and didn't have a big waist. I'm ready to loose the weight of one of my kids and could use all the motivation that I could get. Not to mention friends with the same goals.