5'4" and wishing I was 5'10"...

Options
So my weight could be more evenly distributed! If there is anyone out there similar to me, 5'4" and needing to lose an excess amount of weight, please fill me in on your tricks!

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I so used to hate my height (I'm 5' 10"), but appreciate it now!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", we lose weight just like everyone else, just stick to the plan, make good choices, and exercise, and you will see results. :-)
  • bbrown1986
    Options
    How often did you exercise?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Well in the beginning I didn't exercise at all, the first month and a half all I did was cut my calories and I lost 10 lbs during that time. Then I started walking on the treadmill and trying to jog several days a week. Then I started working out to the 30 Day Shred dvd almost every day. Completed that program and bought several other dvds that I like to alternate between. Some use weights, some are just cardio. I workout almost every day, anywhere from 30-90 minutes (usually about an hour if I'm lucky), usually I take 1 day of rest during the week. I like that I get to eat more food when I workout. :-) I used to *hate* exercising, now I am at a point where I enjoy challenging myself. :-)
  • gldnlark
    Options
    Try being only 5 foot 3 inches and then losing almost a whole inch to osteoporosis at only 40 years old...? Talk about a bummer!
  • Sixleafclover
    Sixleafclover Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm only 4'11"... Everything shows!! haha. I'd kill to be 5'4" :D
  • kellyplane
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I always said if I had grownyo my full potential I wouldn't be fat! Consistencyiii is the key!
  • FunSizeFlirty30
    Options
    I am 5’4 and I went from 160 to 130. I did a lot of cardio such as running, spinning, kickboxing etc in the beginning…now that I am down to a good size I still do cardio but incorporate more weight training so I can get more toned. I lost weight the good ol fashion way, hard work, dedication, eating right and exercising…oh having a Heart Rate monitor is good too…it accurately counts your calories and shows you how hard you are working….5'4 is great height, you just have to work what you got :-) I work out about 4 to 5 days a week for 30-60 minutes depending on the day....good luck to you!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4".... I've lost over 60 pounds in less than a year (started beginning of May) and have gone from a size 20 to a size 10 :happy:

Secrets? Log EVERYTHING so you know what you're eating. Drink 10-12 cups (5-6 bottles) of water everyday. Exercise 30-45 minutes 5-6 times a week. Be patient!!! The good thing about being short is that the weight loss shows up quickly :laugh:

Good luck -- add me if you want an extra friend for support!!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I've currently lost 6 pounds. I'm now 143 lbs. I have done Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and a number of her other videos. With Jillian Michael's you don't lose a lot of pounds, but a lot of inches. I have seen a huge difference doing just Jillian workouts. I eat 1250 calories + my exercise calories. Be sure to eat them, you need the energy. I haven't been reducing carbs but I'm considering lowering them to lose belly fat (my short body stores a lot of my fat here).

Here are my results so far from 30DS and other Jillian workouts. Today is my 50th day on MFP

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/497612-progress-pics-i-m-on-my-way-d
  • justalostelf
    Options
    I'm with Sixleafclover at 4'11" you kill to be most heights over 5 foot xD my bum is huge, there's not many places for my weight to go xDDD
  • BreeShine
    BreeShine Posts: 26
    Options
    I fell very good since decided to lose weight!
    Im 5'10" and 127 lbs but need to have size 0 to become a model :smile:
    I eat 1000/1200 calories per day and train :))