Pump fitness class in the exercise database?

Options
Hi there,

How do I log the time spent during a Pump workout on MFP? I tried putting it under 'Strengthening Exerceise', but that comes to around 185calories/hour. Surely an hour of Pump would burn more calories than that.....??

Replies

• amanakos
    Options
    Are you talking about the Les Mills Body Pump class? I entered it in as a guestimate... I took a quick look at some forums and it really depends on the amount of weights you're using and how hard you are pushing yourself. Generally I assume around 400, but again, depends on your weight amount and such. It can be anywhere between 300-500. Try searching for it under Cardio.
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    I added it into my cardio database even though it is strength training. In the strength training section you have to add the weight & how many reps etc. I just called it "Body Pump" and manually adjust the calories burned per session. I find that if I jump on the treadmill or cross trainer 20 minutes before the class and get my heart rate up I can burn anywhere up to 600 cals.

It would be so much better if they added all of the Les Mills classes.

Hope this helps :happy:
  • Ellerie
    Ellerie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

If your talking about the les mills pump class, I do that one and my heart rate moniter says I burn about 200 an hour? I am quite new though so my weights are quite low?
  • mkurup04
    Options
    I just bought a heart rate monitor watch. Will be trying it out in the gym tonight :)

No, this Pump class is at the University gym. Yeah I think I should just create a new exercise in the database and manually enter the calories burnt.

Thanks for all your replies :)