stupid food replacents

Options
I think it was on MSN saying what foods you shouldnt eat it suggest foods to replace them with. They lost me at substitute Pecan Pie<yum> with Pumpkin Piepoor subsitute for baby food>. I am sorry you can not replace to completely different tastes and textures. I would have accepted if they came up with a great calorie cutting recipe or a new crunch/sit up to do while eating said pie. I just hate when a site has something unrealistic as a subsitute!!! That might as well have said replace lobster and butter with tofu and pepper flakes.

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I feel your anger and disgust with these ridiculous suggestions. Some people don't realize that certain foods are a totally sensory experience that cannot be replaced...now I want a lobster drowning in butter...
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    that is a pretty stupid idea. as a food lover my guess would be that they were trying to appeal to the flavors of season, like pecan pie and pumpkin pretty much say fall to me.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,957 Member
    Options
    Instead of a burger and fries, eat alfafa sprouts!

I'd take the pumpkin pie, though -- pecan is only as good as the pie-maker.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I always think those are so dumb. Most of the replacements do not satisfy the part of the food I enjoy. I think it's better to just eat a tiny sliver of the food you love on special occasions, and eat healthier foods the rest of the day/ week.
  • lad9669
    Options
    I haven't been able to eat Pumpkin pie since the pumpkin weed took over my Moms garden at we ate everything pumpkin for 6 monthes. I do like pumpkin bread though ocassionally.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What do you expect from MSN. It's not exactly a trusted name in fitness and nutrition.
  • Templetough
    Options
    I haven't been able to eat Pumpkin pie since the pumpkin weed took over my Moms garden at we ate everything pumpkin for 6 monthes. I do like pumpkin bread though ocassionally.

haha! thats too funny
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

MMMMMM, I could eat pumpkin everyday!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    LOL some of MSN's articles are just bogus to me.