50 year old, 20 pounds to shed......I CAN DO IT!

Options
Hi all - I'm Robin! I'm new this week - am loving this site! I'm excited and motivated - okay, more so about spring coming than anything LOL. If anyone is looking to "friend to help support each other, please add me! I'm all about sharing tips, etc. Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin

Welcome to MFP!

Karen
  • sfarmer327
    Options
    Hi Robin, I'm 48, with 22 to lose. Seems to be I go down 3, then up 2, then down 1, and so on. Can I blame hormones? Anyway, nice to meet someone my age with a similar road ahead!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello, I will be 53 next month and I started MFP in June 2011 down 19 pounds slow but going, welcome

Sally :flowerforyou:
  • xoFlo
    xoFlo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin, I am 49 and just started on MFP 3 days ago. I had been using the WW site and paying through the nose and then one of my friends turned me on to this cool site for *free*! I love it so far...still figuring things out a bit. This is my first time looking in the forums. Best wishes!
  • kateblue72
    Options
    Hello, I just turned 51!! Yikes. And I too have been on the WW 'thing', seems like on and off forever ... but they shut our meeting down. Had been successful on old program, until an injury ... added the pounds back on. Surgery has 'fixed' the injury, and on the road to recovery by trying to exercise 5/7 days per week, and eat right. But having no luck with the new WW program. Think maybe too many carbs in the 'free' fruit??? With no personal support, and the website as my only attachment, when I got put onto this free site 10 days ago, I 'jumped' ship. Haven't counted calories for so long, had forgotten how! This website is very user friendly, and pleased to say I was down 2 lbs after the first week, and 'weighin' tomorrow looks promising ..... even though it's hormone time of the month!!! So hang in there gals. I'll stick with you for the 57 pounds I'd like to lose. First small steps, let's work on 10, then I only have to do it 5.7 times! Good luck to all. :wink:
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Robin...welcome to MFP. And you absolutely can do this...set your mind and body to it and make it happen.