Vegan Diets

Options
Seriously considering Vegan Diet. Concerned because I'm a picky eater when it comes to vegetables. Gave up red meat 3 years ago and only eat organic turkey and chicken. Any dairy is low fat or fat free but I can't seem to get rid of the "middle-age" belly fat.....
I'm a runner so it's not like I sit around all day.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• kiwi1003
    kiwi1003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was a vegan for 6 months, been a lacto-ovo vegetarian the last 12 yrs or so. Veganism is great, but a HUGE step. Changes everything about how you eat. Think hard on it, it isn't going to necessarily help the belly.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have also been lacto ovo vegetarian for over 8 yrs. I was vegan for 1 out of those 8 years. It did not help me lose weight, I actually ate more "vegan" packaged meals, and pizzas.

If you really want to give it a try, start slow, remove the fowl, then weeks later remove the dairy. The hardest part about being vegan is the dairy. You will be amazed at home many things have dairy in it (especially breads)

Best of luck
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If it's just about weight loss, eating vegan won't automatically help. It's hard to get enough protein without eating a lot of carbs if you're eating vegan.

You can eat less animal products without eating zero animal products and still get a large portion of the benefits, too.
  • DaniGirard
    Options
    Thanks all...this is great advise....