What is everyone liking for lunch these days??

Options
I'm starting to get tired of all my staples, and thought I would ask what others are doing for some new ideas!

Replies

• lauryn86
    lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have been loving ham and provalone on white bread 6inch from subway..lightly toasted, lettuce, onion, green bell pepper, pickles, olives, salt/pepper oregano, oil n vinegar blend with spicy brown mustard and a bag of lays baked sour cream and onion chips
  • Miche37
    Options
    Thomas whole wheat bagel thins (110 calories) with hummus spread on and cucumber slices, put together like a sandwich, with red pepper slices and greek yogurt.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary... I get fairly creative :)
  • samhelen
    Options
    I tend to do a premixed protein shake at work during the day with my real eating in the mornings and evenings with some apples as snacks.
  • ROCKERFOREVER81
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta and vegetables saute-ad (?) in olive oil with garlic.
  • larke15
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and have been making some meals from some cookbooks I have lately. I kinda just record the approx amount of ingredients in my serving to estimate my calories...since the dishes I make don't say how many calories and also the recipe makes a bunch of servings that I can take to work each week. One week I made eggplant crepes that had ricotta and spinach wrapped in baked eggplant slices, this week I made cauliflower gratin with pine nuts, raisins, onion, and parmesan cheese and I'm still eating that this week. I've been trying new things to spice up my meals of just rice/beans blabla....
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I haven't been creative lately due to lack of time/energy lately, but I like using spice to change things up. My recent favorite is poblano peppers. Easy recipe too. Blister the skin on the poblano and peel it, slice down the center, add some Mexican melting cheese (or whatever you want...chicken, black beans, etc.) and bake. Top with some salsa and there you go :) The poblano has a kick so you really don't need much more than that and all your calories are coming from the filling. The poblano is only about 13-17 calories.

Also, I bake chicken, salmon, and tilapia with different seasonings to keep it exciting. Mission tortillas makes a low carb version. You can get that, some romaine lettuce, fat free shredded cheese, taco sauce, and tilapia for fish tacos - very yummy and quick to make! Just pat your tilapia dry with a paper towel, season it with your taco seasoning, bake or pan fry it with the Pam spray vs. oil, and when it's done you break up your fish! Shrimp tacos with a slice of avocado is also very tasty :)

Sorry, seafood fanatic here :) low in calories, very low in fat, high in protein and Omega 3.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Today i had a 2 oz piece of skinless chicken breast and half a slice of Trader Joe's european style multigrain bread. It was awesome! 159 cal only, and i had it in my car driving from the gym back to work. I did not feeel hungry!!! The endorphins from my workout kicked in, i felt happy... That gave me more calories to take at dinner... I will do that again! It feels very filling.