Workout DVDs/Wii options

Options
Good morning!

My sisters wedding is April 14 and I have made the official resolution to get serious about my workout program. I am a sporadic exerciser... but usually just the treadmill or some circuit training while watching tv. However, I gotta get tight and toned for those forever pictures :)

I was hoping some of you could give me some suggestions for some great, effective and engaging workout videos. I've got 30 Day Shred and a Zumba game for my wii lined but, but thought you guys might have some obscure recommendations that I wouldn't have thought of!

Thanks in advance...

Replies

• mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    reaaallllyyy? no one has ANY suggestions? i dont buy it.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    EA Active 2 for the Wii. All of Jillian's dvd's will give you an awesome workout,
  • jmaffett
    Options
    Learn to run. Check out the Couch to 5k program. In nine weeks you will learn to run and will lean out.

www.c25k.com
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    oooh, i 'spose i should have mentioned that. i do run - that's typically my treadmill/tv routine. a run/walk combo... with a full mile run at the beginning or end.

i'm specifically looking for videos. i wanna shake up my running routine. i followed bodyrock.tv for awhile, but the workouts there have gotten too complicated for my attention span. i just want to pop in a dvd and follow along with someone who has the abs to keep me motivated :)

Learn to run. Check out the Couch to 5k program. In nine weeks you will learn to run and will lean out.

www.c25k.com
  • bjfrezell
    Options
    Check out www.collagevideo.com which sells fitness videos. The best part about the web site is you can preview each of the videos to see what they are like before buying one.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I really like Zumba for the Wii. I feel like I am using muscle groups I don't usually hit. Especially in the arms. I have actually been thinking about using some 2 lb hand weights the next time.

I should also add that I am not a great dancer and have almost no natural rhythm, yet I can do Zumba.

Good luck and have fun at the wedding!
    Michelle
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yoga Booty Ballet is fun, and there is definitely some motivating eye candy.
  • 67ML67
    Options
    Hi there, I really like Leslie Sansone Walk at home! I have a LOT of here DVDs. It's nice to have an in home walking program living in Michigan in the winter! I once lost 30 lbs with Leslie and Jenny Craig. Now I am trying it with Leslie and My Fitness Pals!!!!!
  • AmyWalsh711
    AmyWalsh711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is fun :) I lost my first 7 lbs in 3 weeks with it and I WASN'T counting calories at the time
  • butterflysue44
    Options
    Hi, I have Zumba too, but I like to use our cable provider, Comcast, to check out different exercise routines from their sport and fitness section on demand. If your cable company has the fit tv then you can look up ther listings of exercise programs. I find it effective and I can do a different routines daily if I like. Comcast has different subtopics such as weight training, cardio, pilates and yoga etc. If you go to Comcast, I love Supreme Cardio with weights and it works your whole body including your core with 30 seconds slowdowns. Good Luck!:
    Susan
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I did nothing but 30DS and Zumba for a month and lost 14lbs and 13 inches. I would say do the 30DS and see what kind of results you get. Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones is a lot of weight workout for toning!
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "Just Dance" any of them! They are fantastic and tons of fun! The latest one also shows you how many calories you burned.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TiffanyRotheWorkouts/videos

She is brilliant, will kick your *kitten* in under 10 mins each video & I will swear by them to do that job.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Ive been burning calories dancing to Just Dance on my wii! in about an hour and 15 mins, i burn about 700 calories...and its fun!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 3 for the Wii!!! Fantastic burns (if you actually put effort into the moves and don't just wave the mote around :P) and FUN. :D
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Our local video store, Family Video, offers free rentals of workout videos.

I own Jillian Michaels, 30 Day Shred, which is great for toning.

Billy Blank (Boot Camp) is good too, although a bit intense.

My husband just bought NFL Training Camp and really likes it. The wireless is convenient, too. (wii)

Other wii games I like is Wii Sports resort, and Jillian Michaels Ultimatum.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    OH also get the my daily apps from android market (if you have an android) I dont know if Iphone has them. The cardio one will work you in 5 mins. They go from 5 - 10 mins each & have 10 exercises each one..... worth the .99c each one for the pro.