How late should you eat?

Options
Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone is a true believer in not eating past a certain time of day, and if so, after what time do you not eat? Also, what are some good after supper before bed snack ideas? I need some help here to not eat snacky foods :) Your input is greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

Also, feel free to add me if you would like :) The more friends I have the more motivated I seem to get!

Replies

• bidwhist
    bidwhist Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't have a particular cut off time; however, I tend to eat fruit after 6:30-7:00.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone is a true believer in not eating past a certain time of day, and if so, after what time do you not eat? Also, what are some good after supper before bed snack ideas? I need some help here to not eat snacky foods :) Your input is greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

Also, feel free to add me if you would like :) The more friends I have the more motivated I seem to get!

Assuming you are not overeating and we are strictly looking at WHEN you eat, it makes no difference at all as far as weight loss. I would urge you to let personal preference dictate your meal timing. I prefer most of my calories in the evening.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I eat my last snack of the day (usually ice cream) at midnight, right before I go to bed.
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    I've heard different things.. but I dont think you should ever go to bed hungry. If you go to bed hungry then i'd say you're body would react the same way to hunger when you're sleeping as if you were fasting while awake. If you're hungry late, then its important to eat something filling, light, and nutritious!! Veggies and oatmeal are good options.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I eat snickers and cheesecake minutes before I go to sleep, usually around midnight
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    I've heard different things.. but I dont think you should ever go to bed hungry. If you go to bed hungry then i'd say you're body would react the same way to hunger when you're sleeping as if you were fasting while awake. If you're hungry late, then its important to eat something filling, light, and nutritious!! Veggies and oatmeal are good options.

And exactly how does your body react during a fast while you're awake?
  • TheDreadedJynx
    Options
    I am eating animal crackers right now... I tend to eat around a third of my calories after dinner.
  • aclear1992
    aclear1992 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    3 hours before you put your body to rest.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat anything significant after 8pm, I'm up at 3am with serious acid reflux. (I normally go to bed around midnight, BTW.)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Why?
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

You better be joking
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

And exactly how does your body react during a fast while you're awake?
    Everybody knows you go into starvation mode:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • RiverRat99
    RiverRat99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've also read about the 3 hours before bed "rule", too. And I usually hit veggies with some cottage cheese.....
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    It's not nice to lie......should've at least said FTW
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat your alotted calories...
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I routinely eat my last snack of the night around 10:00-11:00pm. Lately it's a banana cheesecake smoothie. Mmmmmm...... Anyway, nighttime snacks will not negatively affect your results so long as it fits into your calorie budget for the day. I plan out my day such that I have room for 3-5 snacks after dinner. Something about the sun going down just makes me hungry. As you can see from my ticker, it's worked out just fine. Happy snacking! (within reason, of course) :-)
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    As far as late night eating...I don't think it's a big deal :wink: as long as you're still ok on calories. My daughter has acid reflux and was told by her doctor to not eat 3-4 hours before going to bed.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It's almost 10:30 here, and I'm about to have a brownie for dessert.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs calories out. Has nothing to do with what time you eat them..

:flowerforyou:
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    After 11pm, & I'm about to have some cookies.
    In my allotted amount of calories for the day, of course.
    c:
    Doesn't matter when,
    as long as you're not overeating!