160 to 126 w/ Pics! :)

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
I started MFP in June of 2011 around 150 or so, 5'5, and 19 , but my highest weight (estimated) was about 160 before using MFP. Now, I am 5'6, 126, and19. Today, I've had one of those days where no matter how much I've lost, or how well I'm doing, I feel like I'm not working hard enough, that I'm bigger than before, and basically just loathing myself by staring and listing what I want to change. So, I decided to go through some old pictures, and then take a few updated tonight, to remind me why I'm doing what I'm doing, and why I never want to go back. Since beginning my journey on MFP, I love my healthier lifestyle, I have greater self confidence, and I am the healthiest and fittest I've ever been. If I can do it, you can, too! So, here are some pictures to help me, and hopefully they can help to motivate you, too! :)

Sure, I still wish I could have a flatter stomach, because that's where I carry most of my weight. But, I know that it's much smaller, and what's in it is healthier and happier, regardless. I know that people of different weights all vary with their looks, and I've accepted that. I used to be the girl who didn't care what I ate, was out of breath after running ten seconds, and who hated fruits and veggies. Now, I'm the girl who hates rest days, who loves to workout and eat healthy, and who just ran her first half marathon in January. I don't necessarily want to be skinny, I want to be fit...which is something I have learned from this site.

It's hard as a college student to avoid temptations and lose weight, and of course it's tempting sometimes to give in. However, I know I can do this, thanks to my AMAZING MFP family, and I realize that we're all human, and we slip up! What matters is that we brush it off, take control, and stick to it. I know it can be hard, and sometimes it's easier than others...but it's WORTH it! And, so are YOU!

Dresses
1) July 2009, 160+ (estimated)
2) May 2011, 140+ (estimated)
3) December 2011, 130

Bathing Suits
1) July 2010, 160+ (estimated)
2) May 2011, 140+ (estimated)
3/4/5) February 2012, 126

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

before.jpg
3.jpg
126001.jpg
126003.jpg
126002.jpg
<3

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    You are and will forever be my hero!! I am so inspired every day by what you do and how positive you are. You are BEAUTIFUL inside and out!!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing job! I'm inspired!!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You look so great! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • jmv42
    jmv42 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's so impressive! I too am 19, I am 5'6", I started at around 160, and I just got under 150. It's nice to see someone else in the same boat.

How did you do it? Any tips for a fellow college student?
  • lisaforrester13
    Options
    Wow!!...I started at 170 & am looking forward to 126!! Awesome job!
  • TealStar13
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Way to go you!! :)
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Stephanie... you ROCK!!!!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Stephanie your so awesome!!! You look so amazing!!!! You done so well :)
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6" too and 124 is my goal weight. (I'm 164 right now) Thanks so much for sharing.
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You are my hero!!!!!!!! I to am 160 and would LOVE to be 126 but I am 42 so I would be happy around 136. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us what you did. List the different things you eat for Breakfast, lunch, and supper. Oh, and snacks. PLEASE share with us.
  • andforpoise
    Options
    I love you! One of my best MFP motivators for sure! Keep up the good work girlie! You're amazing :)
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic job you have done! It is so inspiring to see progress pictures that demonstrate what can be achieved! Thank you for sharing!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Nice work...great results.

8488541.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Smoamy
    Options
    Way to go! You were my inspiration today! I'm in a "biggest loser" competition and have been a little frustrated in how slowly the lbs comes off. I started at 160.5 at the beginning of the year and am now down about 10lbs. Your pictures made me realize that it is a sometimes slow but amazing transformation! Great job and thank you!
  • Alexiel17
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up, you motivate people! :)
  • DelilahNguyen
    Options
    You look amazing! So glad to have your energy and support on MFP, you're always there when I have a question or need help. You are the sweetest person I know and I'm glad you're living a healthy lifestyle.

Xoxo
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You are SUCH a success! So proud to be on your journey with you :D You look AMAZING!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Omg you are too cute. Great job!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love the new hair (I chopped mine off too at one point now growing it back but it really is adorable on you)
  • ehabboutros
    Options
    Good job, you should be proud :))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!