My fitness coach for Wii

Options
I just did 30 minutes using "my fitness coach" for Wii. Pretty agrgessive workout in my book and at the end she said I ad only burned 126 calories. It included reps for jumping jacks, lunges. Does anyone use this game and is that correct. Seems low based on what I have found but not sure.

Replies

• zksammons
    zksammons Posts: 9
    Options
    I use that game too every now and then. I always felt that I had worked harder than she said I did, but of course I don't know for sure. I'm pretty out of shape so maybe I was just huffing and puffing when I shouldn't have been. LOL. I haven't used this game in a few months (I've been using the Wii Fit instead) but from what I remember it wasn't too incredibly intense as far as cardio is concerned so maybe that's the issue.

Of course, I'm really new to all of this so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm no help at all, am I?! LOL.
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    I use MFC a lot, and always wear my HRM when I workout . . . I am typically way over their estimates, sometimes more than double. Today I did a 30 minute cardio workout on it and burned 364 calories according to my HRM.
  • lmdavis804
    lmdavis804 Posts: 81
    Options
    I use my HRM when I do the workout and it always says that I really did 1.5 to 2 times what the wii says. My guess is that it is hard for the wii to measure because it really can't tell what you heart rate is. I would recommend getting a HRM. You can get a nice one that doesn't cost that much money. Good luck to you. :wink: