anyone have fitbit AND HRM?????

Options
I just ordered my polar ft4 HRM (should be delivered tomorrow), but after looking at the fitbit website... those features seem pretty stellar. Would you need one or the other? Or could you incoperate both into your workouts?

Can the fitbit calculate calories burned as acurately as a HRM for a Zumba class (for example)?
I like that the fitbit tracks sleep and BMR. But didn't know if using them together would be uesless...... Any info would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

Replies

• jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hey there

YES!!! I have my FB and keep it on for everything except showering, lol! I just bought the FT7 and use it for my cardio activity. You definiately will find the combination beneficial since the FB doesn't track your heart rate. With the FB you also include start times for your excercise onc you hav syncd it to MFP. Wear the chest strap for the best results. I only have 2 days experience with using them both...BUT...aside from a gym membership they are the 2 best purchases for me, in helping me keep track, stay on track and improve...Let me know what you think and how it works out for you.
    OH YA, since we're both doing the 30DS, the HRM is great for calories and the FB tracks steps, etc. It all works out well!!!
  • crysmcd1
    Options
    I wear my fitbit all day, except for when i wear my HRM. when i cycle, i use the calorie burn from my HRM and enter that into MFP. when im done cycling and take my HRM off, i put my fitbit back on. i set my "activity" to sedentary, simply because some days im really active, some days im a slug on the sofa.