PIC: LOW CARB "Breaded" Venison Cutlet with Pesto Zucchini-S

Options
AggieLu
AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
"Breaded" Venison Cutlet with Pesto Zucchini-Spaghetti: LOW CARB

DSC09873640x480.jpg

2 oz venison, raw
Pinch of sea salt (I like Trader Joe's sea salt)
Dash of black pepper
1/8 cup organic soy flour
1/2 egg, beaten
3 oz zucchini, raw, julianned
1tbsp prepared pesto (I like Costco's brand)
non stick olive oil spray

Preheat a frying pan on medium heat. Spray with a good amount of non-stick olive oil spray. Get your venison on a cutting board and pound the crap out of it with a meat tenderizer to desired thickness :) Season both sides with salt and pepper (to taste). Dredge in beaten egg, then soy flour, and "fry" on both sides, couple minutes per side, more or less depending on the thickness of your meat. Use more non stick spray if necessary (if frying pan is getting dry)

Julianne-cut zucchini with a julianne-cutter or by hand. Place in a little bowl, add prepared pesto, mix well.

Plate your food, enjoy!

Makes 1 serving - 248 calories, 18g fat, 8g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g net carbs, 25g protein, 186g sodium

Replies

• gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    yum!!
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Aggie where do you get your venison???
  • brutiful
    Options
    that looks AMAZING. i want it in my belly! thanks so much for sharing
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love my Venison YUMMY
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I swear, you're the healthy version of Paula Dean! You always have the prettiest recipes!!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    looks really good, and I have a freezer full of venison waiting to be cooked up. will give it a shot for sure.

worth noting, though, that the best way to cook venison is in suet -- though I recognize that this ups the calories. and as far as salt, honestly, you shouldn't use it in a rub for venison. it has a tendency to dry out anyway if not cooked carefully, and salt will draw out the juices of the meat. it gets in the way of proper browning and will draw out your steak.

(beef works the opposite for whatever reason, and salt will actually help seal in some moisture. I don't know why ... I just know I've prepared a lot of venison over the years.)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I bet this would be awesome with lamb
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    OMG that looks AMAZING!