30 Day Shred.

Options
So, I am starting the 30 Day Shred in the morning! I am very excited! I am also working on the goal of drinking more water. I have kind of fallen off the wagon lately since I was sick all last week. I am just now getting energy back to work out without getting sick. I did some gardening today and boy was it a work out! My legs were hurting today from yesterdays work in the yard. I am SO out of shape, it grosses me out! :( Time for serious change. Anyways, along with the goal of drinking more water, my husband and I have given up fast food for Lent! So, 40 days without any fast food will definitely help my goals! Haha :)

Who here has done the 30 Day Shred? What were you results? What is your review on it? All tips and feedback are welcome! :)

Replies

• appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start Level 2 today and seriously, its amazing, stick with it and be really committed to doing it every day.
    The difference I can just feel day to day is already amazing.
    I measured on day 6 or 7 and had lost an inch already in my waist and half an inch on my arms.
    I can't wait until the next 20 days are done and I can see my final results!
  • tapiagonzalez
    tapiagonzalez Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 / Day 4......I LOVE IT! Not gonna lie to you....it's pretty intense but, it's well worth it in the end. Not much but, I've lost 1" around my hips and waist! So, good luck to you!!!!!! Don't give up!!!!!:drinker:
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done and completed today!

I hurt in places I didn't know existed LOL, Good luck with it and I'll motivate you if you want just send me a FR

GOOD LUCK!
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow as well! Good luck :)
  • cindycoley19
    cindycoley19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 Day Shred? Is there a website? Sounds interesting!!
  • jmulldome
    Options
    30 Day Shred is one of the multiple videos in my regiment, along with P90X, Insanity, and Turbofire.
    I just have all of these videos listed in an Excel file, and every time I open the file, it picks one of the videos at random.....and that's the video I workout to.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am going to start tomorrow. I know this sounds stupid, but I am going out today to buy a tape measure so I can measure myself. I watched the level 1 to make sure there wasn't any moves in it that would seriously hurt my knees. If I'm going to do that much work I want to see it pay off and if the scale doesn't budge I'd be ticked. So I am getting a tape measure because I know I'll build muscle.

As for the water thing I found my secret. Lots and lots of pico de gallo. I make it myself from all fresh (and organic where possible) veggies and herbs. So it's only about 18 cal a serving. I upped the number of jalapenos I put in it this time and it's like my go to snack (minus the chips I eat it like a salad with a spoon) since it's a bit more spicy than normal I drink a ton of water afterwards. Gets my veggie servings and water at the same time!
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 level one..and I can feel it all over. I have done P90x and various other regiments but for the small amount of time to do this video you get the most results out of it. I do have a question when do you move on to a different phase? Like when it starts getting easy or is there a set day?
  • jacquiroxx
    jacquiroxx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You spend 10 days on each level.

I ditto PP- I am only on level 1 day 5 (well that's what I did today.. tomorrow is day 6) and every day I feel the difference. I don't know if you can see a difference yet, but when I put my hands on my hips I can feel that my love handles are smaller. My fiance told me this morning that my waist looks like it's gotten smaller, too. This program is absolutely worth trying out and sticking with!
  • lolaleelolo
    lolaleelolo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Silly question to those who did 30DS already: do you still see good results if you are not able to do it every day?

Life has gotten in the way and I am able to do the regimen ~4 or 5 days a week, and when I don't do it on consecutive days I feel a difference (ie. I feel that it is harder to do the workout, or that I have lost a bit of the conditioning i've gained).

I just hope that I am not undercutting myself by not doing it every day. I really like the workout and will be starting workout 2 on Friday. Couldn't work out today because I donated blood and they said no pushups!!! :)

thanks in advance :)
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Level 2 and 3 are way more intense than level 1... Planks are not fun, Jillian. Lol. Its a good program and I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck.
  • AngelaG2006
    Options
    I am on day 2 level one..and I can feel it all over. I have done P90x and various other regiments but for the small amount of time to do this video you get the most results out of it. I do have a question when do you move on to a different phase? Like when it starts getting easy or is there a set day?

They say you are suppose to do each level for 10 days each. So, level 1-10 days straight. Then start level 2 and do for 10 days. Then on to level 3 for 10 days.
  • jessicaacampbell1
    jessicaacampbell1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started last night with my friend. I feel some soreness in my shoulders and back. My goal is do the push-up section without a break.
  • katzblood
    Options
    Jillian designed it to be done not in 30 days strait but 30 days of workouts--some people do all 30 in a row but you can and should take a day off here and there if you need it. I get run down easy and have taken a few days off from it but I can still get through the next one. Just dont stop for good, remember to keep going and do all 30 workouts :)
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I enjoy 30 DS so much I have done it since Dec. 26, 2011 with days off here and there. I have lost 8" in total. I am stronger and feel better. I enjoy exercising now. Starting Ripped in 30 on March 5th. We have a group started on MFP if anyone wants to join.
  • I've completed the 30 Day Shred and I absolutely loved it. My favorite part was seeing how my endurance and ability to perform the exercises without stopping was increasing. I wasn't really monitoring my diet while doing it though so I only lost 5lbs. I absolutely love Jillian Michales and I just started her Shed and Shred (which is very intense) and I did level 1 of Killer Buns and Thighs today and I've never sweat so much in my life.

I aso love No More Trouble Zones. I hate it while I'm doing it, but I always feel amazing afterward.

Good luck with the 30 Day Shred :)
  • Jillian designed it to be done not in 30 days strait but 30 days of workouts--some people do all 30 in a row but you can and should take a day off here and there if you need it. I get run down easy and have taken a few days off from it but I can still get through the next one. Just dont stop for good, remember to keep going and do all 30 workouts :)

^^THIS is good to know! Today will be day 8 for me. Because of a busy schedule this is the only (organized) exercise for me most days and the HARDEST day was Monday, when I also went to the gym beforehand. I'll be skipping next Monday now that I know this. :)

OP - It is awesome! I have yet to hear anything less than positive about it. And JUST 20 MINUTES? We can all do that, right? :) Good luck!
  • gsarro
    gsarro Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of level one. After the first couple of days I could hardly move. It hurt so bad I thought I needed time off. I took two days off in a row after day 2 but went back to it and have gone six days straight. I can walk up the stairs, sit down, even go to the bathroom without screaming in pain. Don't stop completely, if you are like me and so sore you would need a day off take one so you don't hurt yourself but after that you need to go rite back and just keep working through it. The good thing is this is not a race and you can work at it at your own pace.

I have decided to take one day off where I don't count calories or exercise, but than I will back to it. I can already feel a difference, maybe no one notices yet, but I do. It is awesome and I'm hooked..
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 of level one. I'm not going to lie, I definitely stop a tiny bit here and there for a quick breath (or go a little slower than she does in the DVD). PLEASE tell me I'm on the only one that does this!

That said, I'm already seeing improvement in my ability to do the exercises and in how my clothes are fitting (maybe it's all just in my mind since it's so soon, but I feel great). I've done it all straight in a row and was REALLY sore for the first 4-5 days and just today my quads are starting to feel better. So worth it.
  • loislane22
    Options
    Im on Day 4 today, i had a lot of lower body pain the first two days but since yesterday I am feeling a lot better. Im following the easier version because I cant handle the regular one. I hope in a few days i will be able to do the normal routine.

I am also pausing a bit here and there and just make up my own exercise if i cant handle anymore of whatever it is they are doing.

I wish you luck, remember to breathe and you will do just fine.

Also, am I the only person who finds Jillian's voice super annoying? I think tonight i will do the version without her talking, I am beginning to hate her.