What's your secret weapon?

Options
When it comes to eating, what's your secret weapon(s)?

I've gotta say I've come to love adding cinnamon to things that are on the sweeter side... Like microwaved sweet potatoes w/ skin + cinnamon.

I also li amonst ke adding cayenne powder to things like broccoli to give it a bit of kick and I've heard that it might help spark your metabolism amongst other things... whether it does or not, I don't really mind, cause it's a great spice.

What are your secret weapons?

Replies

• christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Smoked paprika and chipotle seasoning. I put it on just about everything from eggs to meat to adding to salads and tuna. This stuff is delicious. I always stock up on it.
  • mfpdannimac
    Options
    According to MFP, I eat a LOT of protein- keeps me full (tuna, lean beef, chicken, etc) and I get lots of veggies, too, to keep from getting, um, "blocked" from all that meat
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    "No Salt" seasoning. It's not bad at all. I had to cut out my Kosher salt. Too much sodium.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Egg whites......
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    quinoa....

And garlic - it makes everything taste better!
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love adding cayenne powder to my tuna!! It's delicious. It's funny, Dr. Oz talked about cayenne and cinnamon today. "The cayenne revs up your metabolism to get your body moving and the cinnamon helps process sugar intake, which helps keep fat from being absorbed into your bottom. "

Check this out http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-butt-busting-brownie
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    My secret weapon isn't much of a secret at all: It's drinking 3 Litres of water everyday;
    it's good for your complexion, kidneys,and flushes out your system.
    End of story.
    :flowerforyou:
  • jarrodc
    jarrodc Posts: 102
    Options
    I love adding cayenne powder to my tuna!! It's delicious. It's funny, Dr. Oz talked about cayenne and cinnamon today. "The cayenne revs up your metabolism to get your body moving and the cinnamon helps process sugar intake, which helps keep fat from being absorbed into your bottom. "

Check this out http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-butt-busting-brownie

Hah what a coincidence... You get a lot of people talking about them I spose... They're quite popular things to add to foods :)

Really nice find, definitely trying this!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Ooh LOL dunno if I want to eat a 'butt busting' brownie haha

I add liquid smoke to my chicken, veggies, mushrooms, beans- just about anything I eat. I use mesquite and hickory usually.
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Franks Hot Sauce :heart:
  • JustLena75
    Options
    Smoked paprika and chipotle seasoning. I put it on just about everything from eggs to meat to adding to salads and tuna. This stuff is delicious. I always stock up on it.

I just recently used smoked paprika for the first time, it was called for in a recipe I tried out for chicken enchilada spaghetti. I love it!
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce, mmm!
  • caseymoo91
    Options
    Lemon juice as salad dressing and natural yogurt too
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    GG Bran Crispbreads - learned about them from Bob Harper's blog and one of the past biggest losers. They freaking FILL ME UP!!!

My daily smoothie - lots of nutrition, tastes delicious, and FILLS ME UP - Blueberries, greek yogurt, protein powder, chia seeds, spinach, water
  • CHANINE111
    CHANINE111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar! =)

O'and LOTS Of protein!!!!!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon, tumeric, coconut oil I use them whenever I can.
    Health benefits and metabolism boosters!
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    I have trouble making sure I drink water so I add sliced lemon to a jug of water keep in fridge and finish the jug that day,

also a fresh chillie works wonders added to cucumber salad
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Crunchies
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I put eggs in everything :) Porridge, soup, on top of salad....
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hot Pepper Sauce or Mustard depending on who else is eating.