Weight v. Size?

Options
I'm watching what I eat in large part bc at Christmas this year I was *shocked* to discover I don't fit into a skirt I was wearing on the regular just last year. Now I'm close to the *weight* I was then, but I'm still not squeezing into this skirt..!

When y'all set weight loss goals, do you do it by scale numbers, by inches, by size, or something else? I've always done it by some item of clothing, but I'm getting impatient to get this skinny party started! ;) Any advice for me??

Replies

• RachelRedwood16
    RachelRedwood16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I go by inches, therefore dress sizes too. Find out the measurements of the size of the skirt and measure yourself, once you're measurements is smaller you're fine, as some places give an extra inch or so on the material.
  • iwisheyes
    Options
    My goal is set for lbs, but I have seen some advice on here that measuring inches is better than measuring weight. For me, it takes just a few seconds to step on the scale and get that number, so it's just kind of a convenience in that respect. I try not to dwell too much on the numbers, though, and use my energy level and other ways I'm feeling as my success indicators.
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    body fat distribution changes with age... I weigh less now than when I last wore my fave jeans, but still can't get back into them *sigh*
  • babipari
    Options
    I also measure by my clothes lol, it's a good indication of where on my body i need to work on.
    I also weigh myself once a week to make sure im still on track with my goals. :smile:
    Oh and cardio cardio cardio lol :happy:
  • janessac
    Options
    I'm going by pounds until I get into the 'healthy' range for my height and age (ideal weight range), and once I'm there then I'm going to go by inches and how clothes fit. Once I get down 20lbs, I'll start focusing on fitting certain size clothes instead of obsessing on getting to a certain number on the scale. It's all about how you feel =) Once you feel strong, healthy and happy, then that's good enough and screw what the scale says :smile:
  • big2thin86
    Options
    I'm going by everything lol. I have it so once a week I get my body measurements, weight, and body fat %. That way I can compare it week to week, allowing myself to set realistic goals once I notice how my body reacts to my workout routine.