Gillian McKeith v Nigella Lawson

btdublin
btdublin Posts: 250 Member
Maybe only the Brits will get this one, but it shows it's not all about healthy lifestyle and being a crazy calorie-counting nutjob:

gillian-mckeith-vs-nigella-lawson-490x415.jpg

Replies

• lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    It's amusing but I bet you could find a hundred people who would photograph the other way round... how you look is a very complex business... and as one hollywood star famously said when asked the secret of her youthful looks... ' good lighting darling, good lighting...' :laugh:
  • shonora
    shonora Posts: 48 Member
    Agreed I would watch Nigella cook up something scrumptious over Gillian sniffing someone's poo and screaming at them about it any day!!! (I watch Nigella while I'm on the treadmill)
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    It's amusing but I bet you could find a hundred people who would photograph the other way round... how you look is a very complex business... and as one hollywood star famously said when asked the secret of her youthful looks... ' good lighting darling, good lighting...' :laugh:
    Actualy, not in this case. Google both and you see all images are pretty much the same.

It's shocking... I think living a happy life makes us look better. And living on tofu and goji berries isnt going to makes us happy. Chocolate, on the other hand... lol, I think I need to re-think my lifestyle! :laugh:
  • trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    The pics say it all really.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Not to detract from the argument, which is well made given the evidence, but it must be remembered that 'Dr' McKeith had a seriously crappy diet until later in life. Shows that quality of life shows on our bodies as much as other things.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    good doc or good genes?
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    I love this pic, am a big Nigella fan, she's everything a woman should be! I would love her figure!! :wink:
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    good doc or good genes?

this, i wander how many visits to the docs or procedures our lovely nigella has had, i don't know one 51 that looks that good or young
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    I am a Nigella fan - she looks fabulous. Although I have heard she is a bit of a fan of the botox, which she probably doesn't need. I guess it is the pressures of HD TV!
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 195 Member
    I love these pictures. I wonder what Nigella looks like now she has been on a 'cut back' and lost weight.
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    I find Gillian irritating, and love Nigella, but I do think that genes play a part here. Nigella was born beautiful, and has an equally beautiful mother - therefore the comparison is not always fair.
  • btdublin
    I find Gillian irritating, and love Nigella, but I do think that genes play a part here. Nigella was born beautiful, and has an equally beautiful mother - therefore the comparison is not always fair.

Of course Genes are crucial.

I'd like to get a look at Nigella's economic policies! Boom boom....
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member

LOL!
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Agreed I would watch Nigella cook up something scrumptious over Gillian sniffing someone's poo and screaming at them about it any day!!! (I watch Nigella while I'm on the treadmill)

Same, Nigella still has a balanced diet, she just enjoys her food & treats herself.
    Much prefer Nigella over Miss-anything other than vegetables is bad for you- McKeith.
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    I love this pic, am a big Nigella fan, she's everything a woman should be! I would love her figure!! :wink:
    ^^this.
    Yes, I am a guy, but I would definitely love her figure - and hopefully we would both enjoy it! :wink:
  • btdublin
    Sorry Riz, didn't realise you posted it a few days ago!
  • btdublin

At least someone got my joke...
    LOL!
  • lovemydrmartens
    Actualy, not in this case. Google both and you see all images are pretty much the same.

It's shocking... I think living a happy life makes us look better. And living on tofu and goji berries isnt going to makes us happy. Chocolate, on the other hand... lol, I think I need to re-think my lifestyle! :laugh:

I didn't mean other pics of these two! I meant pics of other people who are 51 with such differing lifestyles...:laugh:
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    I'd much rather look like Nigella than "Dr" McKeith... and I don't just mean having a smooth line free face, I prefer to have a womanly figure like Nigella, Gillian is skin and bones, and given her performance when she was in the jungle, has some serious issues, lol!!
  • lovemydrmartens
    does she really smoke though?? no-one I know who does has escaped the effects on their skin by her age....