The Master Cleanse

Options
Anyone tried it?

Replies

• MissMalinSara
    Options
    Is The Maple Syrup Diet Medically Safe?

In 2007, Dr. Oz Mehmet, host of the Discovery Channel show The Truth About Food, appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show to discuss detox diets.

He reported that the Maple Syrup Diet is very successful in psychologically preparing an individual for a diet or weight loss program. Individuals who begin a diet with a process of detoxification are more likely to stick to their diet plans and lose weight

Mayo Clinic Gastroenterologist Michael Picco, M.D., reports that the benefits of diets such as the Maple Syrup Diet include increased levels of energy, focus, and feelings of lightness.

The calorie restriction required by most detox diets also leads to a heightened psychological state where one feels elated or “high.”

“My health and my world changed dramatically,” Haas said. “I dropped 20 pounds. My allergies went away. I started eating very differently.”

Dr. Elson Haas encourages detox not for weight loss, but as a catalyst for patients to make changes in their regular eating habits. If they can cut out unhealthy foods for a couple of weeks, they might be able to cut them out permanently.
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I Did it for a week but had better results using fitnesspal
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I Loved It
    lost 10 lbs In 10 Days
    Felt Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine, who btw have the most patience and dedication I have ever witnessed. He tried it, went through with it the entire period and hated it every waking second. He lost little weight, a bit more than I did via conventional methods (those days I was killing it in gym and everything). However, once the cleanse was over, he picked most of his weight back. He wasnt a quitter but he basically said screw it and started doing weight loss the conventional way and was alot happier and successful