Looking for UK friends for attempt three.

Options
Hello, this is my third attempt at losing weight and I now have more of me. I first started the weight loss attempt back in 2009 and I was doing really well, until I dislocated my knee cap. Skip forward a few years and finding love later, and I made attempt two in 2011 with the very aggressive moto of "nothing is stopping me this time" eg. Playing tennis on a bad foot and making it worse because "it wasn't going to stop me" anyway long story short on 31st July 2011 I had a freak accident outside my home in which my upper arm/elbow snapped and spent 16 days in hospital with some surgery to give me some plates, screws and pins and a nerve relocation that came up during. Lots of tablets and progression later and attempt 3 is starting. My arm is still a mess and won't go straight anymore. My tablets have side effects of weight gain, but here I am. Positive and ready to take on the challenge of needing to lose 6 stone. Oh and I quit drinking and smoking the night I broke my arm, so just coming up to 7 months booze and cig free. Wish me luck.

Replies

• AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I live in London. Great job on no drinking and smoking!!!
  • MissedStar
    Options
    add me! i'm from Reading
    This is attempt a billion but i'm hoping as i'm doing a new diet class by myself that this will actually work :bigsmile:
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Hello, this is my third attempt at losing weight and I now have more of me. I first started the weight loss attempt back in 2009 and I was doing really well, until I dislocated my knee cap. Skip forward a few years and finding love later, and I made attempt two in 2011 with the very aggressive moto of "nothing is stopping me this time" eg. Playing tennis on a bad foot and making it worse because "it wasn't going to stop me" anyway long story short on 31st July 2011 I had a freak accident outside my home in which my upper arm/elbow snapped and spent 16 days in hospital with some surgery to give me some plates, screws and pins and a nerve relocation that came up during. Lots of tablets and progression later and attempt 3 is starting. My arm is still a mess and won't go straight anymore. My tablets have side effects of weight gain, but here I am. Positive and ready to take on the challenge of needing to lose 6 stone. Oh and I quit drinking and smoking the night I broke my arm, so just coming up to 7 months booze and cig free. Wish me luck.

Feel free to add me! I'll help stave you off from training with injury too! See my latest forum post and you'll know what I mean!!!
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey I am from Bristol if you wanna add me! x
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome!

Sorry to hear about what you have been through :(
    Feel free to add me and hopefully we can get through this together.:flowerforyou:

I'm in Cheshire!
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    Hey I'm from N.E England, by all means you can add me the more friends the better :)

Anyone can add me !

xx
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I'm from Chichester :-)
  • BlondeToast
    Options
    I'm from Newbury, add me :)
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me i'm in the uk - hampshire xx
  • rachealb1972
    Options
    add me if you want im in Leicester welcome back and good luck x x
  • Swal02
    Swal02 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi!

Add me if you like, i'm new here too! :)

Good luck :D

x
  • classicbecca
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone, I feel like I can do this if I have lots of like minded support around! Xx :smile:
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I got your back if you got this feel free to add me all :)
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

I am in Cornwall, feel free to add me if you like!

I can give you all the excuse you need to avoid exercising while you are injured - I am a master at avoiding working out (sadly not for good reasons like yours though!) ;)
  • cairney4698
    Options
    Friend request sent. Happy to help you with support on your journey
  • star87cc
    Options
    UK also (Devonshire lass lol) ^_^ Kudos for still being here and fighting to go! and congrats on giving up smoking and drinking! feel to add, anyone :)
  • Tasha_uk
    Options
    Im from birmingham. Feel free to add me fellow uk people :)
  • Sazzleeee
    Options
    I'm from Manchester! Anyone should feel free to add me for a bit of extra encouragement!
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am from London! and would love to have friends from the UK :-)
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm from Manchester! Anyone should feel free to add me for a bit of extra encouragement!

Loved your shades! :love: