Alternatives to water??

Options
I drink quite a lot as I work in a dusty environment and I can't stand drinking water! It usually makes me feel sick/hungry/ thirsty. I'm looking for something that has under 10kcals. I've been drinking lots of Pepsi max as this is only 1kcal but this is very bloating and can get boring. Does anyone have any drinks they can suggest?

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Is it the taste? If so, just flavoured water.

I can't drink normal water - it makes me feel very sick - but I can handle certain flavours (lemon and lime, summer fruits, strawberry).
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Do they have FUZE where you live? It's realy yummy.
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    maybe spring water or sparkling water? Also green tea/ herbal tea's are always a plus as well!
  • joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You could try adding squash to it, I go for no added sugar varieties, and love grapefruit personally.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of iced tea with no sugar. I add fresh lemon if it's available. I love it.

I used to drink my ice tea with tons of sugar - to the point of it being kind of "crunchy" even. I gradually started cutting the sugar down bit by bit, and now I don't need sugar at all as long as the tea is brewed properly and isn't bitter. If I do get a bitter glass of tea, I just don't drink it and I ask for plain water with lemon or lime instead. Or a tiny squeeze of fresh orange - yum! (Earl Grey iced is soooo yummy.)

I drink lots of plain water too though. I usually fill a 2 cup glass and chug one cup at a time as fast as I can. I don't really "enjoy" water but as long as I drink it quickly I'm OK.
  • kimberleybabe
    Options
    how about something like orange squash, thats only like 5 calories xx
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    You need water so just try and drink it - add some lemon or lime.
  • BetteDavisEyes
    BetteDavisEyes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I saw this on TV yesterday and am going to try it today. Take frozen fruit and use as ice cubes in your water. As it melts it will give a little fruity flavor to your water and when you finish your water, you have fruit to eat!
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I drink iced fruit or green teas instead of water quite often, unless water is extremely cold it upsets my stomach for some reason.
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Water from the tap-Yuk. I think the checmicals in it are the problem. Bottled "drinking" water from a pop company (ie Desani) even worse. Spring water-Yum. Good water is amazingly refreshing and is the one thing that truely quenches your thurst. I have a cooler and get the big bottles delivered to my house. They go by diffrent names in different areas. For carry along bottles I use ice mountain.
    I know you said water makes you feel ill. I am just adding this to encourage you to try other waters. Water really is the best thing you can do for your body. Its also like anything else. Sometimes it takes a while before your brain realizes that this stuff is good. Especially if you currently tend to drink things with strong flavors like pepsi.
  • harriet_jupp
    Options
    Thanks for the replies I'm definately gonna look into trying different waters but gotta be careful of the cost. I'm wary of flavoured waters as they can hide a lot of sugar in them. And I'm gonna shop around for the best squashes with less sugars as I love these and try iced teas for the first time :) can you get fruity flavoured iced teas??