Anyone else Diagnosed With Underactive Thyroid ?

Options
Would just like to talk to some other people who have under-active thyroid and hear about there struggle with weight loss and how they over come it also exercise tips or any advice would help thanks :)

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroid and take Synthroid and compounded T3. I need to go in for blood work soon. I am shedding a lot of hair and have been more tired/sleepy than usual.

Check out this group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism
  • DeannaK1962
    Options
    I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid in 1984. It is very hard for me to loose weight. Right now I am watching my carbs for the most part. And so far in 5 weeks I have lost 11 pounds. It seems like it is very hard and takes longer for me to loose the weight even with exersize.
  • ktch23
    ktch23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have Hypothyroid and take Synthroid as well. I have been stuggling with weight gain for about 2 years as the docotors try to regulate my medication. Before my thyroid statrted going crazy I was at my goal weight and was more fit than I had ever been. I plan on getting back to that! I joined my fitness pal this week to help monitor my calories and exercise with a printable report I can bring to my doctor's appointments. Good luck with your journey! Never give up, you are worth it.
  • BeccaAnderton
    Options
    I got diagnosed with it 5 weeks ago, but probably had it for at least a couple of years, and managed to lose a lot of weight before I got diagnosed, it just takes more effort, and unfortunately few calories :( But it is doable. Hopefully once my medication has been sorted out (currently on 50mg of levothyroxine per day) then I should be able to eat more healthy amounts. Feel free to add me if you want :) There's also a group on here for people with an under active thyroid's with loads of forums with advice etc on them :)