Girls 18-21 and are only 5'0. What are your weight loss goal

Options
I am 20 and am only 5'0. As of right now I weigh 140. The highest I have ever been :( Last year when I used MFP I got down to 125 but once I stopped losing I sort of gave up and unfortunately gained all of my weight back. This is my new profile that I made yesterday and I will NOT give up this time! I have made some amazing friends on here and they do a great job kicking my butt back into gear when I fall of track. However, last time my weight loss goal was 100. Being so short I thought it was an okay goal. But my family and even my boyfriend kept telling me that it was too much and I would look way too skinny. I didn't think so, but I decided to move on my goal up to 110. If I felt comfortable I would stop and if not I would keep on going. So my question for you girls is what do you think is an acceptable weight for our height? What are you aiming for?

Replies

• Templetough
    Options
    It's hard to say! I never know what I'm suppose to weigh either and I'm 20 as well, height is 5'2 (sorry I figured it was close enough to 5'0). I weight 131 right now and everyone tells me oh that's a healthy weight but I know that in high school I weighed 118 and I looked great and still had plenty of curves to go around. 100 might be a little low but I think 110 would be fine for your height. But I'm not by any means a professional. Maybe you could talk to your doctor, I know there's "healthy weight ranges" that factor in your height and age. According to my doctor, my current weight is still in that range but towards the higher end, so I'm just aiming for the lower end. Hope that helps.
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    110 sounds like a good goal! I'm 5'1" and I've made my goal 125. Remember it also depends on body type, I tend to run athletic/muscular when I work out so I'm keeping an eye on my fat % and waist diameter/ratio also.

Good luck! Hit me up if you want another cheerleader!
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    I am 22 and 5'1 My highest was 143 and I am currently 124...There is no way I would look good being 100lb..I may even look to skinny at 115..Everyone is different.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm older than you ladies, but still in my 20s. Anyway, I am 5'0 however. I personally think it depends on your frame/build. I'm not a super dainty girl, so I think 120ish is a good weight. Now if you're a super small frame, then maybe lower, but I personally think a good healthy look it around 120ish for the average 5'0 woman. LIKE I SAID...depending on your frame. Judging by your pic, you look good already, so maybe you're "weight" is really a lot of muscle. I dunno. lol I just wanted to say you look great! :)
  • Briii22
    Options
    Thanks for all of your opinions! I do have a lot of muscle because I have played so many sports. All my fat goes to my stomach which drives me crazy because I don't look good in bikinis or other clothes. With summer coming up I want to be able to feel comfortable wearing bikinis, tank tops and that sort of thing.