new to MFP... and already have a question!!

Options
i can easily stay within my target of 1200 caories per day but..im going over my carb allowance? i understand what carbs are, but I truly do NOT eat a lot of them is there a certain amount I should be staying under? does this even matter if i stay within my calories? Thanks -Courtney

Replies

• doubleloop23
    Options
    It's ok if you're only doing that once in a while, but if you're not using those carbs they turn into fat.
  • cyc530
    cyc530 Posts: 3
    Options
    GREAT! thanks!! I will definitely use them....im working right now, I'm a Respiratory Therapist and dont usually have a lot of "down" time. but I appreciate your advice, I wasn't sure if I had my settings right!!
  • cyc530
    cyc530 Posts: 3
    Options
    shouldI be eating ALL of my calories? I earned 508 from exercise and now I cant eat all of them?! Im on the 1200/day goal so with the extra it was 1708...too much!
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    There is alot of discussion about this on the older threads, it you want to check some out, but the general view is it is up to the individual, some eat all their exercise calories, most eat about half and some don't eat any, its really up to you! I dont eat them but to allow myself to go slighty over my 1200 if I have exercised. Hope it helps!:tongue: