5'4" and made it below 139?

Options
I'm 5'4" and struggling to break below 139. If you've done this, please add me. I need some motivation/tips!

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I was sitting around 140 for most of last fall until my whole family got the norovirus and I went down to 137 (Not a recommended way to lose weight!). That was right before Christmas and then I was stuck at 137 until two weeks ago. Two weeks ago I started P90X and I lost 1.5 lbs at the end of the first week. I haven't lost anything since then though. It's sooooooo slow going now.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I'm 5'4" and as of this morning I weigh 140.6 pounds. I really would like to hit 139.8 by my birthday (March 4th) and stay there.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    It's like it's the magic number or something!
  • kellyh2
    Options
    Hey im 5'5" and am currently 135.8, I started at 152. When I got to 140 I got stuck for a bit, but upped my exercise routine and then manage to pass it. feel free to add me for support :-)
  • feistymoon
    Options
    First and Foremost, well done on what you've achieved so far!!!!!!!
    Hey im 5'5" and am currently 135.8, I started at 152. When I got to 140 I got stuck for a bit, but upped my exercise routine and then manage to pass it. feel free to add me for support :-)

I agree with this. I was142 for years and it was only once I started being really active that I lost any weight and managed to keep it off. I'm now at 119 and can eat pretty much what I like within reason, but I have to work out (and work up a proper sweat) at least every other day.
  • medicrenee
    medicrenee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You are exactly where I want to be.. so happy for you!!!
  • GreenSchupp
    Options
    Hi..
    I'm 5'3" and am starting at 135 ....the 140/139 ish area is so comfy. I agree with the other posts, increase the exercise intensity. I try to add sprints in when running...so sprint for 2 minutes then recover at a slow jog for 3, then sprint for 2 again. I try to do this for 20 - 30 minutes...ya know...now that I am back on the band wagon :) Also drink more water. Make sure to get the 8 8ozs in every day!! Good luck and good on ya for what you have lost already!!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenna,

I'm 5'4 (almost) and 132. I was at 139 for almost 3 weeks and the scale wouldn't move. What worked for me was to actually not exercise for a few days and take a break. I made sure to keep drinking plenty of fluids and keep to a healthy diet. I ate what I wanted, just in small portions. I definitely went over my calories a few times, but didn't worry about it. About 4 days later I lost 2 pounds. The smaller you get, the harder it is to lose weight. Hang in there; you can do it!
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can do it...I am at 132 now!!
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss journey. It can definitely get tough at certain parts of the journey but you can do it. I remember when I thought I was destined to be 135. It felt like no matter what I do and no matter how much and how long I worked out that I would never get under 135. I thought that was my default. I am 5'3 by the way. Well I broke that barrier...I am currently 126-127 and when I am really watching what I eat, my weight is pretty consistent.

Sometimes all it takes is a change in the foods you eat and a change in the way you do your workouts. I used to do cardio on just the cardio machines and then do my strength training separately. I no longer do that..instead of do circuit training that will incorporate BOTH cardio AND strength training so I burn way more calories and keep my heart rate elevated. I also do exercises where I am strictly using my own body weight. I drink a TON of water and make sure I eat a fair amount of carbs and protein in order to fuel my body AND my workouts!

You will get there. Feel free to add for support and motivation!
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and struggling to break below 139. If you've done this, please add me. I need some motivation/tips!

Great job!!
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Exactly how I am - I am 5'2" and stuck at 139! If you find the secret let me know!
  • okerachel
    okerachel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at 140 for ages! I waffled between 140 and 141 then jumped up to 142 and lost 3.4 pounds the next week. It was like I had to get up a good running speed before leaping the hurdle :).

I should note that that week I dropped over three pounds I was taking a break because I pulled something in my calf. Taking it easy for week must have been just what I needed.
  • Carissa2488
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and can't break 148... I'm RIGHT there with you. My lower half is pretty muscular so I think that's where the numbers are hiding... What about you?
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and around 120lbs.
    I was stuck at that number for a while, but really all it takes is patience, as long as you keep doing the diet and exercise. I started around 160.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and just a year ago I weighed 133. My husband likes skinny girls and didn't think I was particularly bone skinny or anything especially since it was more than I weighed in high school. Yet I had people, after 3 years of maintenance tell me I was too thin. They looked concerned. Now that I am 148 and wanting to lose a bit (had gotten up to 154), I'm debating about it. I finally asked my husband why people said that. He said it was because my face, particularly around my eyes were looking a bit gaunt.

So this time I set it to 135 but truthfully I am going to pause at 140 and do a body fat test. In the meantime I'm working on adding a variety of exercise to tone and strengthen my body and hopefully shape up these curves.
  • holiday99
    Options
    I am 5'4.5" and I was almost always 130 pounds (*sigh*) until about a year ago. When I was at that weight, I exercised 3 times a week (mostly walking, hiking, and biking, in steep hill areas) and I almost rarely ate at restaurants or ate frozen & packaged foods .
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    2 years ago when I started this journey (without MFP) I was 145. I'm 5'3 and currently am at 121 lbs. It dieted on and off for about 1 and a half years and the lowest I got was 132 lbs. Then I started MFP. In the 50 days I've been doing this, I've lost 10 lbs. I've varied my workouts, watched my eating habits, and really started to transform my life. It really is what they say, it's not a diet but a lifestyle change. I've changed the way I cook, changed the way I eat, and changed the way I was working on. I was doing the same things over and over and nothing was happening. As soon as I started to vary my workouts and try new things, the weight just fell right off. I know I could get more in depth about everything, but I could go on and on!

Feel free to add me! I would love to help motivate you!
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    I am 5 "4" and 130 is my first goal weight. Once I get there, I know I will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Long term I would like to be 120-125. I have a longggg way to go. Maybe this time next year I will be posting something similar. :bigsmile: