trying out Jillian Michael's plan...?

Options
Hey, I just signed up to try out Jillian's fitness plan on her website. Have any of you tried it? How do you like it? Does it work for you?

Thanks!
D

Replies

• shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    I did it last year and it seemed to work pretty well for me. I definitely noticed that I toned up more and started to lose weight, but I was a vegetarian at the time so I didn't have a lot of options for meals so I had to give it up.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I always wondered about it...can you tell me more about it? Does she have you counting calories?
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I'm geussing it's like anything else...counting calories...just a different way of doing it perhaps. I was thinking of joining too, but thought I would just track things here for awhile.
    Any other thoughts on it?

Cindy:heart:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I read that she uses the micronutrients: 45/30/25 .. there are probably meal recommendations that help you adhere to that.
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    yeah she has you eating certain recipes according to your body type, metabolism, activity, etc. Or she tells you how many servings of each food group you should eat at each meal if you don't like her planned meals, so you can make your own, and then you log it in like you do on MFP. She's also got daily workouts for you to do and you can do them at home if you have a few small weights. Very convenient. and then she's got a shopping list of good foods, and loads and loads of health and fitness information. I'm excited to see how this turns out!

Although, she wants me to do pushups where I clap my hands in between each one...haha yeah right. I can't even do one pushup! :P
  • aHappierMe
    Options
    I just started her plan last week, but I'm only really using it for her circuit training workouts--which kick *kitten*! However, I don't eat meat and I don't do very much cooking, so I prefer to do my own meal planning using the food log on this site.. plus the data base on this site has a lot more foods so I don't have to spend time entering in nutrition facts.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I love her circuit training...and it can stay hard, as long as you work to your personal max each time...

Cindy