Sugary drinks (lucozade,coke)

Options
I drink these so often, and I can't stop because I get migraines whenever i dont drink them. What causes the migraines, lack of sugar?

There's so much calories in soft drinks,I need to get them out of my diet and fast,please help,thanks!

Replies

• darthkatalyst
    Options
    instead of drinking things like coke, i've been opting for this "soda" that's called izzie. it's a fruit juice that's carbonated. although there is no caffiene (aaah i miss energy drinks :( ), it gives me my fix for something sweet and yummy without all of the calories and sugar and sodium.
    getting coca cola outta my diet was hard becuase i'm a smoker, and when i smoke i have the habit of drinking something while i'm smoking. drinking less sugary stuff has actually cut my smoking in half.
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    why not try cutting down and gradually over a period of time cut them out completley, which will hopefully ensure you dont get the migrines?? How much of these type drinks would you drink a day do you think?

You could try swapping half the amount for sugar free caffiene free options, because it may also be the caffiene if you drinking lots of colas that is causing headaches when withdrawing.....and then gradually get down to all sugar free options, then reduce the sugar free options too....

Change is hard, but we need to make it work for ourselves and our bodies, so it sounds in you case like it will take some time for your body to adjust to not having these drinks.

just my thoughts

XXPINK
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I agree, I was addicted to pepsi max. When I first started I set myself a challenge, each day before I was allowed to have a pepsi Max I would have to drink at least 6 of my 8 glasses of water (in a 1.5L bottle). I get head aches from cafine withdrawal too. But once I started drinking all that water first I started cutting down the pepsi. I was completely off it within the week. once you get it out of your system you wont get headaches anymore. Hope it helps!:tongue:

I think I have had about 6 cans in the last month, pretty good since I was drinking more than that each day!:laugh: