moms on a mission

Options

Replies

• zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I'm a mom of 3, ages 11, 7 and 6. Since the last one, I've really struggled with yo-yo weight loss (50-60lbs up and down!) thinking I can't find time for me. I've finally found a happy medium that doesn't make me feel like I'm letting my family down - or me. But daily inspiration and support are needed for everyone to stick to their goals!
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    I just maxed my friend requests :( I just started a group inspired by this thread called Mom Squad! Come join us!!!!!
  • dnaul
    dnaul Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of a 14 month old. Lost the baby weight, now I need to loose the pre-baby weight! Feel free to add me.
  • michellecoleman1
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Im 25 and have a 4 yr old! My hubby is currently deployed and well lets just say ive gained a littl weight! I have always been a little overweight but it is now time to do something about it! Please feel free to add me! I would love to have someone to help motivate me and me them!!!!
  • liljgrafix
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement and support. we all have a reason to get fit. our xhildren are our lives. lets help each other be accountable.
  • tiarah83
    Options
    I'm a mom of a 6 year old girl...definitely baby weight here anymore either. Add me!!
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) Mommy of 2 here. I want to look back at pictures of us as a family and not cringe. That's my goal. Would love to be MFP friends.

This is my main motivation and was my wake up call. I was trying to get some pictures together to make a frame for my husband for Valentine's Day and I realized that out of 1,000's of pictures of our family I was in - maybe - 10 of them, no joke. NO MORE - I want to be able to look back at these fantastic journey's we've taken and see that I was a part of it, not just a spectator.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom on a misson as well! I'd love to have a few more moms in my support group! Feel free to add me on : )
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids and an at home day care so my days are super busy (filled with toddler and baked goodies) I would love to have some friends who are all busy moms.... I am looking to make the most of exercising in a small amount of time and I really need to watch what I eat! Please add me if you have a similar situation!
  • patti006
    patti006 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Patti and I'm a mom of 4 boys (23, 20,14,5). I need to lose about 30-40 lbs... I don't feel good about myself since having my last baby almost 5 years ago (March 2007). Please give me any advice that you have. I dont' have a good eating habit.
  • kristy919
    kristy919 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay-at-home Mom with 2 daughters, 4 year old, and 11 month old. I have been on MFP for some time now but trying to do it alone. It's not working. I need some support and motivation to lose 50 pounds that I've put on in the last 4 years. My biggest problem is not finding the time to eat through out the day. My metabolism has totally dropped and I'm sure everything I do eat goes straight to fat because my body is always in starvation mode. I exercise regularly, but without the nutrition it isn't doing any good. It's time to get some help and reinforcement.
  • huracan_mery
    huracan_mery Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm 2 days back to work from maternity leave. I've got an almost 8-week-old and a three and a half year old. There's a contest at work to lose weight so I'm getting back active on MFP. I have been so complacent and sedentary since graduating from UNT a decade ago and let myself go. I did not grow up this way. I don't want my children to think that couch potato is a normal life, and I'm ready to get this started.
  • Taitiant
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Cheers to all you moms who are trying to better them selfs.. Im right there with you.. Mother of 2.. and READY to do this. Im still new to this whole weight lose thing, or even trying, but so far so good, and im surounded by inspirational people and great friends.. Feel free to add me.. Good luck on your journeys!!! :drinker:

16512618.png
  • lenluvs
    Options
    Great idea for the group (Mom Squad). I just joined it.
  • Mayreni
    Mayreni Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm mom to an almost 5 year old boy. At my post-natal appointment I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Since then I have gained 50lbs, so for sure those 50 lbs are not baby weight. I'd love to join the group. It's nice to be able to refer to other moms who will understand when I use "I got a kid" excuse when things get hard. Not that there is ANY excuse for me being at this weight, but still......a sympathetic friend would be great.
  • erikjacki
    erikjacki Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and right there with you! Feel free to add me. :)
  • cjhamh
    cjhamh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 and 1 year old. I've lost 40lbs since since I had my daughter a year ago. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Add me as well!! . In addition to ensuring my own health I'm trying to instill in my daughter that exercise is part of every day life, while making sure she has a great body image and a healthy relationship with food.

I agree 100%! I have a 10 year old daughter that I need to set an example for!
  • MichyGiles
    Options
    I would love to! I have tried to lose weight so many times, have tried so many diets, etc, etc...I've lost, and I've gained...this time I am determined! :) In one week, I've lost 6 lbs and I really do credit it to having to hold myself accountable and logging EVERYTHING I eat & drink! Encouragement is great and I am excited for this lifestyle change because I have 2 girls, one is 11 months today, and another is 15 years old! So, I need to stay healthy to keep up with them!!! :) Good luck ladies!!! We all need that encouragement!!!
  • jmfred
    Options
    I'd like to join! Each of my four pregnancies has left an additional 10 extra lbs on me....so, that's 40lbs that I cannot seem to get rid of! We have an 8yr boy, a 5yr boy, a baby girl in heaven, and an 18mos girl. I've joined MFP before, but have never tried connecting with the community. Maybe that will be part of the difference this time!:smile: