Donkey calf raises

Options
Sooo, I have this workout and it says one exercise is donkey calf raises. There is no discription as to how I am to preform this exercise. This really confuses me because I live in the middle of a very busy city and I haven't seen a donkey for miles. I checked with the front desk to see if maybe they had one around back but the lady insisted she had no idea what I was talking about. I showed her the workout and she just said she had no idea. How does everyone else incorporate this into their workout without having a donkey? Serious answers only please.

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    you're in luck! i have a donkey costume.. next best thing.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Sooo, I have this workout and it says one exercise is donkey calf raises. There is no discription as to how I am to preform this exercise. This really confuses me because I live in the middle of a very busy city and I haven't seen a donkey for miles. I checked with the front desk to see if maybe they had one around back but the lady insisted she had no idea what I was talking about. I showed her the workout and she just said she had no idea. How does everyone else incorporate this into their workout without having a donkey? Serious answers only please.
    Find an animal shelter and volunteer to help raise an orphaned baby donkey. Altruism is great for improving your health.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    you're in luck! i have a donkey costume.. next best thing.

Do I wear the costume then? I am still confused?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    no silly, I wear it!!!
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    check out eyhor on youtube :)

but in all seriousness, youtube shows a fair few variations :)
  • angied80
    Options
    no silly, I wear it!!!

Oh... do you workout at the same gym then?
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Jodi lives near you, and she's an *kitten*. Problem solved! :flip:

If not, I have this guy's number. Let me know if you need it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTipb-oYVT3rAAuC1dkwy64sk5aUYOltfraq3CWdaeTj5iolyxEm8TY7TivBQ
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Lol. Just do standing calf raises on a step.

Back in the day we did it on a block of wood and had another guy sitting on your back for weight resistance. Always got the stares at the gym.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

hey! do NOT drag my booty into this! :flip:
  • angied80
    Options

So does that mean she has a donkey I can use.. I'd really hate to call that guy. His donkey seems kind of small.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    hey! do NOT drag my booty into this! :flip:

Not your booty...your calves!
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    So does that mean she has a donkey I can use.. I'd really hate to call that guy. His donkey seems kind of small.

Yeah, I don't think you'd see many results from that one. No Jodi IS the donkey! :flip:
  • angied80
    Options

Back in the day we did it on a block of wood and had another guy sitting on your back for weight resistance. Always got the stares at the gym.

IDEA Fitness member

So what you are saying is, technically I am suppose to have a donkey on my shoulders? but I can use a man instead. I don't know about this. Im kinda of shy and having a guy on my shoulders like that... I just dont know.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

:flip:
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    So what you are saying is, technically I am suppose to have a donkey on my shoulders? but I can use a man instead. I don't know about this. Im kinda of shy and having a guy on my shoulders like that... I just dont know.

I'll get on you any day. :love:
  • angied80
    Options

Yeah, I don't think you'd see many results from that one. No Jodi IS the donkey! :flip:

Hummm... Im even more confused. You say Jodi is a donkney, that man above says I can just put a guy on my shoulders instead, and another girl said she has a donkey costume which is even better. I really do not see all the connections here. I need a real professional.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Hummm... Im even more confused. You say Jodi is a donkney, that man above says I can just put a guy on my shoulders instead, and another girl said she has a donkey costume which is even better. I really do not see all the connections here. I need a real professional.

So do I have to find a donkey if I want to be ripped like you?
  • angied80
    Options

I'll get on you any day. :love:

This guy clearly stated a man. You will just not do Jenna. Unless there is something you are not sharing...
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    This guy clearly stated a man. You will just not do Jenna. Unless there is something you are not sharing...

You know I don't like being called woman. :flip: