1422 calories today? good or bad?

Options
This is the first day of my diet(well im at the end of the first day).
I'm 119lbs and 5''6 tall. I'm 20.
I spend most of the day in bed like(23 and a half hours) , no motivation to exercise,no health issues, just depression.
I've eaten very healthily today, and met most of the RDA'S :)
I was supposed to consume 1200 calories today,but went 222 overboard :(
Is this a good or bad start?

Thank you for taking the time to read this x

Replies

• shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    According to your bmi you are very close to being underweight. I wouldn't worry about dieting. I would concentrate on working through your depression. :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    According to BMR calculations, your maintenance calories should be around 1390 per day, so you've only gone OVER that by 30 calories, NBD. You seem a little bit UNDER weight, actually.
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    Options
    Thanks for replying,I appreciate it :smile:

But,I am fat, my stomach and hips are fat, my thighs are big, ugh I hate my body lol!

I am on anti d's for depression :smile: they just don't work:explode:
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Hey! I am also 20 and 5 foot 5 inches. Although I am 131 pounds :) Your weight is a healthy one, a tad on the low side but still in the healthy range. I know part of a 'diet' is too look better. I think if you focus on toning and strengthening your various muscle groups you will look amazing! From your weight and height it doesn't sound like you have alot of extra fat so you will be able to see results quicker.

If the other post from 'shannahrenne' is correct about the depression, I also have some experience in that department. And to answer your other question, going over by 222 calories, not a huge deal. It will just boost your metabolism.

Do something for YOU today :)

:drinker:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Okay, that's reasonable, you don't like the tone of your body - so exercise. Eat HEALTHIER, and exercise. OFten, Doctors recommend exercise as a way to combat depression - it's a first step. Good luck.
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Have you approached yur doctor about perhaps changing up yur meds?? it took me 3 tries before i found anti depressant medication which worked for me.
  • sineadm09
    Options
    Have you approached yur doctor about perhaps changing up yur meds?? it took me 3 tries before i found anti depressant medication which worked for me.

I have but my psych said she won't change them because there isn't anything else that would even remotely help. I'm on citalopram max dose, have been for a year lol! Thanks for replying :)
  • sineadm09
    Options
    Hey! I am also 20 and 5 foot 5 inches. Although I am 131 pounds :) Your weight is a healthy one, a tad on the low side but still in the healthy range. I know part of a 'diet' is too look better. I think if you focus on toning and strengthening your various muscle groups you will look amazing! From your weight and height it doesn't sound like you have alot of extra fat so you will be able to see results quicker.

If the other post from 'shannahrenne' is correct about the depression, I also have some experience in that department. And to answer your other question, going over by 222 calories, not a huge deal. It will just boost your metabolism.

Do something for YOU today :)

:drinker:

Thanks, boosts metabolism :D yay :) Hehe...thats made me feel better about it. :)
    I did manage 5 minutes of a stepper :shy: lol
    I'll keep trying.

wow this site really does give lots of motivation!Love you guys :)
  • sineadm09
    Options
    oh and just to clarify, my target weight is still within the healthy weight range :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,982 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Get out of bed and do something.

Do anything,

Walk around the block.

You'll never get over depression by lying in bed or on the couch

You'll never get rid of fat and flab unless you get up and do something.

Take it one day at a time
    Take baby steps to change your life
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Stay present in the moment.

You can do it.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    oh and just to clarify, my target weight is still within the healthy weight range :smile:

Good! I was worried you might be trying to lose too much. :smile:

Good luck and keep us updated!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Why can't you try another Psych Dr.? Has that been the only opinion you've had? It wouldn't hurt to try :flowerforyou:

If you have some hand weights or bands you can do some toning exercises in the comfort of your own home :smile: You can download your favorite songs and go for a nice walk.. that tones legs eventually. Squats and lunges will help tone those thighs and booty :wink: Do you have a Wii?

I wish I had your starting point to work with :wink:

Good luck!
  • aboykin
    aboykin Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you had your B12 checked? Last time I got so depressed that I couldn't get out of bed for days, they found my B12 was really low. It's worth a try.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

I have but my psych said she won't change them because there isn't anything else that would even remotely help. I'm on citalopram max dose, have been for a year lol! Thanks for replying :)

omg...that psychiatrist is so full of **** hunny

medication isn't geared toward fixing for one person where nothing else will work...in fact most are opposed to meds, and just prescribe them generously because they get a payout for that. meds and therapy are what work. not just meds...your body can try something new.

tell her/him again that you are insisting that your medication be changed(and if you are paying them, tell them you plan on finding a new doctor)

what an abuse of authority
  • foxyforce
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Get out of bed and do something.

Do anything,

Walk around the block.

You'll never get over depression by lying in bed or on the couch

You'll never get rid of fat and flab unless you get up and do something.

Take it one day at a time
    Take baby steps to change your life
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Stay present in the moment.

You can do it.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

i love you for trying to be helpful, but depression is an illness, that is like telling someone to walk off a cough. i know you are just stating this through being highly misinformed. society has a stigma against depression, 'oh, just get over it, what do you have to be sad about'

it is serious, and if she could just walk it off, i am sure that she would. she 'needs' to find her own piece of mind and her own coping strategies, with utmost support of those she seeks.
  • foxyforce
    Options
    Have you had your B12 checked? Last time I got so depressed that I couldn't get out of bed for days, they found my B12 was really low. It's worth a try.

me toooooo!