I Have Been Having These Headaches!

Options
Hello Fello Fitness Pals,

I have been having these horrible headache's the last week since I started really exercising and eating less. I have been drinking a ton of water so I do not think that I am dehydrated.

I could use any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong that I can get!

God Bless All and Have a Great Night!

100215.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Das_Modell
    Das_Modell Posts: 167
    Options
    i usually get that when i don't eat enough it seems. U making sure you're eating your exercise calories as well?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    First, make sure you ARE eating enough. A mistake a lot of people do when they start out is to overly restrict their food intake.

SEcond..are you getting the headaches at the same time of day?
    And if so have you been avoiding coffee or sugar that you normally have in your diet?
  • zimansmooch
    Options
    It could be the types of foods...sugars, carbs, protein...maybe review what you are eating before or after exercise...even lack of caffeine can give you a headache...food combinations may be the key....good luck and let us know how what you find out.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, and if you're logging everything, then you are not eating enough. Don't skip breakfast! Eat all your calories! And if you're exercising on top of it, then you have more calories to eat.
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You might also be getting tension headaches. People tend to raise their shoulders up when they get stressed, use a keyboard a lot, or exercise, etc. Do you find that you are getting them when you get hot from working out? One way to relieve a tension headache or one caused by lifting weights or cardio is to take a wash cloth and get it wet, put it in the microwave for like a minute until it's hot. Careful not to burn yourself when you take it out. Then take the hot towel and wrap it around the back of your neck. That should ease out some kinks and relieve a headache.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Or it could always be caffeine! Have you recently stopped drinking caffeine or reduced your intake by a bunch? If so...these will go away with time.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    did you stop drinking pop or cut out caffeine? Could be caffeine withdrawal headache.
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    also the sun can cause headaches if you have been spending more time outside (exercising).