If I eat it after midnight, but I haven't gone to bed yet wh

Options
Sometimes I eat snacks at night time after midnight before I have even gone to bed. My question is would I log the food under the day I have just had or the next day since technically it has become a new day. I believe that since I haven't gone to bed yet it should go under the day I just had but my husband thinks it should be the other way. What does everyone else do?

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My "days" are counted from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. That's what makes sense to me anyways and it works for me.

I know people who work the night shift and do it the same way instead of breaking it up between days.
  • Venice57
    Venice57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My "days" are counted from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. That's what makes sense to me anyways and it works for me.

I know people who work the night shift and do it the same way instead of breaking it up between days.

I absolutely agree.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. Do either one.
  • tdegie
    tdegie Posts: 14
    Options
    I work nights three times a week and if I eat past midnight i record it for the following day unless I'm eating a few minutes past midnight then I give credit to the day that just ended.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    it doesn't make any difference which day you pick.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter, but personally I log from midnight to midnight.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    as long as it is logged it is essentially the same. sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night and eat a snack--if it's 11:30pm then i still log it for the NEXT day because i already went to sleep.
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    same day.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Makes sense to me to log it on the same day. But it doesn't matter. Your body doesn't know which day you logged it.

I have only stayed up that late ONE time since I started dieting. I must be getting old.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter as long as you log it on one of the days (but not both).