Dodged a bullet!!!

Options
So my co-worker brought in coffee cake from the Corner Bakery today and I thought "eh i've been good all week maybe i'll have a little slice." so I decided out of curiuosity to look up the calories first.

770 CALORIES IN 1/14TH OF THE STUPID CAKE!!!!!!! :noway:

Crazy business. I'm soooo glad I looked that up before I ate some because I would have been so upset with myself.

Here's to a good day for all!!! :heart:

Replies

• moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    unless that cake is the size of a loveseat that 770 calories is NOT worth it! good for you!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    so tempting...smart looking it up first-I always eat it and then panic when I see the calories, but I'm slowly learning not to do that. Have a good day.:wink:
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    Options
    well done :smile:
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    unless that cake is the size of a loveseat that 770 calories is NOT worth it! good for you!

lol yeah i totally agree :tongue:
  • roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    Sweets are evil. :noway:
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    man oh man that's a lot of calories, I'm glad you looked it up first as well! :wink:
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I think our best tool for losing weight is acknowledging what and how much we are eating. Coffee cake is good, but definitely not good enough to spend half a days calories on! Cheers to you and I hope I can have the same will power today:)
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    Great job! That is exactly where I'm trying to get. I want to habitually check out the nutrion data before I open my mouth. The disappointment of finding out how much I consumed after it's in there is too great and not a fair trade off.

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Woah! That's crazy! It kind of makes it loose it's appeal once you find out how bad it is for you. Good job!
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Great job! I've been dodging bullets alot lately after looking stuff up on MFP. I never realzied just how many calories were in things such as your coffee cake. It's amazing something so small has that many calories! Way to avoid it!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    A co-worker brought in Banana Rum Cake today. She is a professional baker as a 2nd job (weddings, parties, etc.) and her baked goods are simply TO DIE FOR. But I'm avoiding her corridor like the plaque today, or I will HAVE to have some.

Thanks for sharing so I know I'm not alone here...
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I know....my soon to be sister in law bought these Jimmy Dean sausage egg and cheese biscuits and I was going to eat one this AM, but looked at the nutrition facts first. 440 calories in that little bitty sandwich!! :noway: :noway: Needless to say I didn't eat it....having a tablespoon of peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat toast instead. Some foods are SO not worth the calories that are in them!!
  • jaxterbom
    jaxterbom Posts: 73
    Options
    Cake is the Antichrist. :angry: Purge it from your life!
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    A co-worker brought in Banana Rum Cake today. She is a professional baker as a 2nd job (weddings, parties, etc.) and her baked goods are simply TO DIE FOR. But I'm avoiding her corridor like the plaque today, or I will HAVE to have some.

Thanks for sharing so I know I'm not alone here...

Stay strong! If I can do it so can you!!! :flowerforyou: