How would I do this??

Options
circusmom
circusmom Posts: 662 Member
I skimmed through the posts for Newbies and didn't see what I needed, hopefully someone can help. If I make a homemade dish that has, say 6 ingredients how do I figure out what the calories, carbs, etc are for a serving?

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I think you can make meals on here and input in the amount of ingredients you use I THINK
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    what I do is add everything then remember meal, you will have to name it then I add the meal I just made but in the proper portion eg if I made 4 serves I add 0.25 of the total, then I delete all the ingredients from the beginning. :tongue: Takes a while but I am use to doing it this way. and if I made that meal again I have the meal already saved. Hope it helps

Other people use a recipie builder, I can find the link if you want it!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Im not sure if there's a way specifically to do that, but I just add all the ingredients to one of my meals, that doesn't have any food in it yet, then divide the total cal/carbs/etc by the number of servings :bigsmile:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You can go here

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

set up an account, enter the ingredients, and the number of servings and it'll do the rest for you. There are a lot of ingredients already on there, but if there aren't you can add the info from you ingredient too.
  • notoprod
    notoprod Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go to nutritiondata.com. They have this thing called Analyze Recipe, where they will calculate everything from your recipe
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!