What you thought you'd never do (weight loss related)

Options
When you first started to try and lose weight, what are some things you do now that you thought you would never do?

A few for me, I weigh my food all the time. I LOVE my scale now. If you were to lurk my past posts from when I first started on MFP, I was all " I can't imagine weighing everything I eat, that's ridiculous, I'll just stick estimating my portions". :huh:

I cook. Which I think this was just an evolution thing, it would be extremely hard to stay under calories living off fast food the way I used to. But still, I can now cook more than just Ramen noodles! :laugh:

Actually wanting to run a race. I would never have pictured wanting to even WALK one, but I already did that last December (Half-Marathon in Vegas! :bigsmile:) Now I'm set out to finish the C25K and eventually run a 5K.... If someone told me I would be doing this, I would have laughed in their face...and then proceeded to eat my triple burger, large fries, and large soda (and then about 3 refills of it!).

What about everyone else? What are you doing now that you thought you would never do?

Replies

• kimharrod
    Options
    Same, I always weigh everything and make sure it's a serving size as opposed to filling the whole plate/bowl!
    Also, i'm planning to run 5k races - at school I used to REFUSE to do P.E and never take part in after school clubs that were sport related or anything. Now i'm a fitness freak!
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd lift weights.. and enjoy it!
    I can see muscles in my arms and back that I didn't even know existed. It's a great feeling!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Same, I always weigh everything and make sure it's a serving size as opposed to filling the whole plate/bowl!
    Also, i'm planning to run 5k races - at school I used to REFUSE to do P.E and never take part in after school clubs that were sport related or anything. Now i'm a fitness freak!

This.
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I NEVER, EVER thought I'd log my foods. Just the thought of keeping track of everything I ate seemed like a huge chore to me before now...such a turn-off. Well, with the computer being so handy and MFP making it SO easy, logging has become almost second nature. I can't say enough how much I LOVE MFP and how easy this site has made it to keep track of my foods and other goals. Wonderful!

Also, I never thought I'd be one to exercise almost daily and now I do...and, guess what? It's FUN! Oh, my gosh! Did I just say that?!
    ; )
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Im the same about exercising.. In PE, I would fake sick to get out of any kind of exercise.. Now if Im really sick, I get sad that I can't do my Zumba or Kickboxing.
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would get an exercise DVD. I am going to be doing day three of level 1 of the 30DS in a couple hours once I have the apartment to myself. It's so weird >.<
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be one to exercise almost daily and now I do...and, guess what? It's FUN! Oh, my gosh! Did I just say that?!
    ; )

LOL :flowerforyou:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would enjoy exercise - especially not the kind that makes me all sweaty and gross.

It is now just about my favorite thing in the world.
  • darylinny
    Options
    I NEVER, EVER thought I'd log my foods. Just the thought of keeping track of everything I ate seemed like a huge chore to me before now...such a turn-off. Well, with the computer being so handy and MFP making it SO easy, logging has become almost second nature. I can't say enough how much I LOVE MFP and how easy this site has made it to keep track of my foods and other goals. Wonderful!

Also, I never thought I'd be one to exercise almost daily and now I do...and, guess what? It's FUN! Oh, my gosh! Did I just say that?!
    ; )

I thought I wrote this...LOL This is totally how I feel!
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Not what I never thought i'd do but someone siad I couldn't do, cycle to Paris from London I did it twice just to rub salt in to the ego thus stripping down 50lb plus in the process
  • skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd lift weights.. and enjoy it!
    I can see muscles in my arms and back that I didn't even know existed. It's a great feeling!

Same! I love lifting weights!! I weigh my food like crazy too. And I never thought I would enjoy a good sweat!!!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be able to shop at Hollister - I fit comfortably into a large there now.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    So many things...

log my foods
    love and eat raw & semi-cooked fruits and veggies
    desire to walk outside A LOT
    desire to exercise and SWEAT
    purchase and lift 8 pound weights
    buy a jump rope ( I haven't used it yet :)

I NEVER thought I'd be eating the things that I now love to eat. I NEVER thought eating like this could keep me satisfied and NEVER hungry--it's crazy good!
  • I never thought I would be eating over 1200 calories a day and eating my exercise calories.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would run on the treadmill at the gym. I use to only do that at home, but now I am more confident and do it at the gym too! :smile:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Not what I never thought i'd do but someone siad I couldn't do, cycle to Paris from London I did it twice just to rub salt in to the ego thus stripping down 50lb plus in the process

That's pretty amazing...
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    :smile: Never ever thought I would LIKE to jog. Also never thought i would do a 5K and I have done 3!
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Never thought I'd miss exercise if I couldn't work out, never thought I could run further than the length of myself (have run a half marathon and 10k races), never thought I would weigh everything, never thought I'd be able to do more than 4 push ups or do the plank for more than 5 seconds, never thought I could climb a mountain, never thought I'd enjoy making buddies here.

I am that rare creature; a woman who doesn't mind admitting she was wrong :tongue:
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I do not have to be at work until 7:30, but I get up at 4:45 every morning to work out, even on Saturday and Sunday... : ))
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would drink a protein shake, and especially never drink one that had SPINACH in it! This morning, I did both.....and LOVED it!!