what time of the day do you get hungry the most?

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
when do you find that you are most hungry? and what do you do - eat or drink water to fill you up?

i get soooo hungry around 2pm - 4pm, it sucks! i have my lunch which is whatever i fancy really, and few hours later im 'starving' and my brain tells me to eat lots of foood!! today hasnt been too bad, ive had my lunch, and then about 2:15pm was hungry soo had a bowl of cereal and just had some crackers on there own now :laugh: (i dont have butter on my crackers) - saves me a huge amount of calories!!

i dont really get hungry any other time during the day? late night snacking used to kill me, but now i dont get hungry at night? sometimes if i have spair cals left ill munch on an apple or low fat yoghurt. its just mid-afternoon that kills me!! i should try and go without foood and drink water instead!

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Night, by far. I hate going to bed hungry.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Right now! Between 10:30 and 11:30 is my hungry time. I just ignore it because I leave for lunch at 11:45 and I know I won't be hungry for too long.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    oooh all have different times then! i hate it when the clock comes up toward 2pm, because i know i will be really hungry! :(
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Somewhat after lunch between 2-4. Working in an office doesn't seem to help either, and when it gets slow find myself wanting to snack all the time during this time of day.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Mid-morning. Size of breakfast makes no difference.
  • mel090170
    mel090170 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    For me it is after the kids go to bed. I just eat less calories during the day so that I can plan for the late night snacking. I have lost 11 pounds in 6 weeks so it must be working. A great snack is a string cheese and fruit. I love rassberries. 1 cup 64 calories and the sting cheese is 80. Has a little protein to help fill you up. Plan your snack ahead of time and include some protein to fill you up and keep you satisfied longer.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    oooh all have different times then! i hate it when the clock comes up toward 2pm, because i know i will be really hungry! :(

And that's so funny to me because I am NOT the least bit hungry between lunch and dinner. I have to force myself to eat a banana around 2:30 if I am planning on running at the gym. But 10:30 in the morning? I could eat my arm because I am so hungry some days. And I've had a decent breakfast including two hard boiled eggs.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    OMG Mid afternoon! I could eat everything in the kitchen including the kitchen sink!!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Definitely evening!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Mid afternoon.

Growing up I had a decent breakfast before school then lunch around 11am. I'd get out of school around 2 and was home by 3 (had to walk). But dinner wasn't until 7 or even 8 (family of night owls!) so I'd eat a small meal after school.

That habit is sooooo hard to break!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I eat all the time so never get really hungry apart from early morning. 3 meals & 3 snacks a day keep me satisfied.......am constantly munching. I eat out of habit.............and necessity!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Normally, I don't really get hungry.

If I eat a donut or pastry for breakfast, I'll be hungry by lunchtime. If I eat the wrong things for lunch, I might be hungry by dinnertime.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    OMG Mid afternoon! I could eat everything in the kitchen including the kitchen sink!!

hahahha same! :happy:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    10:17 am
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Mid afternoon.

Growing up I had a decent breakfast before school then lunch around 11am. I'd get out of school around 2 and was home by 3 (had to walk). But dinner wasn't until 7 or even 8 (family of night owls!) so I'd eat a small meal after school.

That habit is sooooo hard to break!
    You don't really have to break it, though. Four meals a day is fine, you could just eat a smaller dinner to compensate.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Mostly during the time that I'm awake.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I eat all the time so never get really hungry apart from early morning. 3 meals & 3 snacks a day keep me satisfied.......am constantly munching. I eat out of habit.............and necessity!

:laugh: i neeed to cut back on my snacks a litttle. but i just cant help it! i wish i could eat all the time! :(
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    after 9... I always have enough calories but i feel like i'm grazing all darn night... It didn't get like this until i quit smoking almost a year ago...
  • ASiters
    ASiters Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My problem is dinner time. I eat good all day and then dinner time gets here and I decide I don't want to cook and I'm starving so I end up eating out! I guess I need to drink more water and eat a good snack in the afternoon so that doesn't happen!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Honestly, since starting this I don't get hungry very often, probably because I'm eating more food throughtout the day but it's healthier. Occasionally I'll get hungry while I'm working out and I sometimes 'think' I'm hungry in the evening before bed but my stomach is not growling. I'd say it's more like a craving for salty or sweet snacks or maybe even an old habit that wont die!